Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 20, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Sleep Apnea Study
    Hey Guys,
    I was wondering if anyone here ever underwent any sleep studies. Well not the ones that the hospitals do when their doing tests on people for money, I'm talking about private studies for like sleep apnea or just to see what kind of sleeping problems you might have. Well my question is actually if anyone could tell me how much it would be for those kinds of tests or studies... Just around about.. also this would be without insurance.. Thanks Guys..
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2008, 10:05 PM

eljay1103 - I don't know the cost of the sleep study up in yanky land ,I live in the south , I went threw it ( 2 ) times on the first one you was susposed to score up yo 30 and
    I scored 70, so I hsad to go threw it again it
    Was a second part that had to be done if you scored over 30, Thers really not much to it ,you go in about 7:00 pm and leave the next morning about 7 ooam, When you get there they will take and hook up a lot of wires to your head and chest and you are on a monater and also watched durning the night ,
    I went to my lung doctor and he had it done in a special area of his office that was set up just for these test. I can't tell you just what your cost would be ,because My insurance paid it all. What you can do is call a lung doctor s office and ask them if they do the studies and if they do ask them what the cost would be . Good luck and GOD BLESS ,NOTE - I FOUND OUT A LOT < IT Was WORTH IT
    F.B.E.
    eljay1103 Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 20, 2008, 10:34 PM

Hey F.B.E thanks for the info on the process but what's that about the score? What are they scoring? Was a 70 bad? I really want to get this done for my daughter and her dad But don't have any insurance so you know, I was told something like $800 but I just wanted to run that number by some others to see how that sounded... thanks fbe
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2008, 07:59 PM

eljay1103 - The score of 70 was way to high and that is why I got the second part of the complete test . You are only susposed to score no more then 30, Durning the night I would stop breathing and my body oxygen level would drop down to 58 and 60 % . Last year I hqad the pnemonia 5 ti mesand found out that it was caused by " ACID REFLUX " at
    Night while laying down and it would act up it would pour down my wind pipe and would cause infection in my lungs <SAID the same as pnno. I now use a bypap msachine at night or if I lay down to catch a few weinks it also has 4 leaders of oxygen comeing at the same time , I have had my oxygen body level checked by different ones and what my lung doctcr said is true . I do know that I dop not have any lung cancer as of yet though, Which I thank the GOOD LORD FOR , YOU really need to find some weay tyo get this done . Have you tried your state for any medical help ? &
    FEDERAL MEDICAL HELP > I know that in tn they have it for those that cannot afford Insurance . Alnd if a ins. Co refuses them ins. Then the stat and federal kicks in . CHECK THIS OUT IN YANKEY LAND , Look in yellow pages under state and fed. Gov .ALSO CHECK WITH DEPT OF HUMAN SERVICES > Good luck and GOD BLESS< LET US KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT :::: F.B.E.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2008, 11:11 PM

If that's 60% by pulse oximitry, that's really bad. The little clip they place on your finger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

8month old has less sleep, can some one tell me how to put him to sleep [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my son is 8month and 2 week old; still I tie him when he is sleeping as he kicks the blanket in the night and gets cold…. If I keep the AC less then he sweat and won’t get good sleep. If I keep in un tied then he starts crawling or sits in night and won't sleep for long time can some one tell me...

I can't study! [ 7 Answers ]

I can't seem to get myself to study!

Sleep Apnea [ 11 Answers ]

Hello I am 17 years old and I have sleep apnea I really need treatment for it but I can't get insurance and don't have the money to pay for it, I've had this for about 5 years now and it is worsening I sleep for 10-17 hours a day and wake up to eat and then go back to sleep I actually dropped...

Anyone know about Obstructed sleep apnea? [ 2 Answers ]

I am wanting to ask what it means by Arousal Summary and what the index means on a sleep study

Study help [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good methods of studying for Science? ( like earth science ) I really need to get my grades up. Thanks for the help. :cool:

View more questions Search