Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caragirl Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Nov 15, 2008, 08:41 AM
    When is enough , enough.
    I've been with this guy for 8 months. At the beginning we were very happy. Then I got cheated on twice. We've been on plenty of breaks, and they've all been because he wanted them. I've never wanted time away from him, because I love him. He tells me he loves me but how do I really know that he does? I've been so confused about this for so long. How do I get it back to how it was? Back to when he didn't do stuff because he knew he could get away with it. Now that's what he does.. He breaks up with me because he knows I will be here when he's ready to settle down again.. He talks to girls because he knows that all it takes is one little "i'm sorry" to make it okay.. Every time he breaks up with me again I tell myself that I'm not taken him back, but every time I do. The advice I need is how do I get him to realize he can't treat me like a dog , even though I've let him before , how do I get him to realize I'm serious this time?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2008, 08:44 AM

Move on and show you don't need him. That may change the way he thinks about things. You have to be strong and show him you are not a doormat.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2008, 12:46 PM

Enough? The first time he cheated on you, after that what did you expect.
    AWess Posts: 59, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2008, 10:03 PM

He cheated on you TWICE and it's still not enough for you??

Move on! He's not worth it.
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

Nov 17, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by caragirl View Post
    The advice i need is how do i get him to realize he can't treat me like a dog , even though i've let him before , how do i get him to realize i'm serious this time?
    The answer is simple... by being serious, as stupid as that sounds by what you said in your post your only telling yourself your being serious but your actions are proving otherwise. If you were serious you would not take him back in the first place. If you were serious things would have ended a long time ago. If you were serious he would not even know you have changed your ways of thinking because he would be cut out of your life.

So stop telling yourself your being "serious" because you can only fool yourself for so long. Taking things to heart actually involves some pretty hard things to get through if you want to do the right thing for yourself stop letting him walk over you because that's a serious problem. So take a outside look at your relationship, what do you have to lose from taking a stand against him? An already decimated relationship? Take a stand for yourself and he will either change and start to respect you or he will leave for easier "prey". But one thing is for certain by the way he acts towards you he does NOT respect you, whether he says he does or not, the answer is obvious. So take a stand for yourself and get serious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search