Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aneangel22 Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Nov 14, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Indiana employment laws
    I have a job at picture me portraits, the chain photo studios that are in wal-marts. I've worked there for 3 weeks and they have just told me that if I don't average $60 in sales an hour that they'll fire me. Can they do that? They never said anything to me about any sales average when they hired me. And when I work 8 hours and only have two appointments there's not a lot I can do about it. Anyway, I was just wondering if it was legal to fire someone for that.

And if anyone has a link to any kind of helpful information on this feel free to leave it.

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2008, 05:42 PM

Yes, a job can set certain performance metrics that you have to meet or you will lose the job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indiana laws through the court [ 3 Answers ]

My husband went to court in Sullivan ,Indiana July of 2008.and had both children emancipated. Oldest child is 22, married, and doesn't live with mother. The second child is 19 and doesn't live with mother.While in court, he was told that he owed 870.03. The court has 2,400 from our Stimulus check...

Indiana child abandonment laws [ 2 Answers ]

I have a daughter who has abandoned her daughter. Months ago, and we are trying to find out if we can have her charged for her crime?

Indiana emancipation laws [ 4 Answers ]

My stepdaughter will be 21 in July. She had been attending a cosmetology course from her senior year in high school to?? She did not complete all of the requirements for this course. Then in Aug 07 she enrolled in one semester at a community college. She then quit the community college,...

INDIANA LAWS:  Father is moving [ 2 Answers ]

Joint custody, father states he is moving. Is there a law/statue in Indiana that requires him to notify me that he is moving? I remember something about 30-60 day notice but I need to confirm.

View more questions Search