Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azaubuy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Turn a tax deed in to a title certificate.
    Hi,
    I would like to know in FLORIDA, if you buy a property in a tax deed auction sale how can I get a title for that property once you have been given a tax deed.
    bobloblaw Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 12, 2008, 12:57 PM

In NJ, you need to wait 2 years - the original owner has the opportunity to repay taxes and pay you back the money that you purchased the property for (with interest I believe). Did you consult an attorney before this purchase?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 12, 2008, 03:32 PM

A tax certificate in Florida has to be held for a min of 2 years and can not be held more than 7 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Deed Sale Title Question... Marketable title? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody was familiar with titles from tax deed sales. I am a beginner to the topic, but just was looking for some advice from some of you real-estate savvy experts out there. My question is about the title of a deed bought from a tax sale... How do you find out...

Title to mobile home and title to land is separate can it be sold on one deed [ 1 Answers ]

I moved into the country in a mobile home and started renting then a year later we decided to purchase the land and mobile home on contract. We have paid taxes and insurance on it. 2 years later we find the person selling it to us does not have the title to mobile home just to land. Does he have...

Tax deed title [ 3 Answers ]

I have a question about a property(vacant land) I purchased at a tax deed sale in Florida. I have received the tax deed by mail and I want to sell the property immediately. My broker told me I do not have marketable or sellable title. I have consulted a property attorney in Collier County which is...

Name on deed/Title [ 1 Answers ]

Because of some credit problems I don't want my name on the deed. The mortgage will be held by a private party. Can I put my son on the title/deed even though he is a minor? Until certain legal matters are taken care of I don't want my name on the house.

View more questions Search