Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    merav shabo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 01:14 PM
    How can I find government tax foreclosure lists?
    I live in bergen county NJ and need only tax foreclosure properties (not pre, foreclosure, lien, or other) where can I buy those lists?:)
    deedgrabber Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Nov 4, 2008, 01:18 PM
    New Jersey sells liens, not properties. The person who buys the lien must foreclose and then hey can do with the property as they wish.

But, it's a good idea to contact owners who are about to lose their property to tax foreclosure and try to buy directly from them.

You can researcht the properties that have had liens sold against them at the county courthouse.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2008, 01:22 PM

What is your purpose for these lists?
    merav shabo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2008, 01:25 PM
    Investment
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 4, 2008, 01:29 PM

You need to research this much more thoroughly. Its rare that a property can be purchased for its tax arrears. If there is a mortgage on the property, the mortgage holder will pay the taxes to protect their interests. If there is no mortgage, the property is probably in such poor condition that its not worth investing in.l
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2008, 03:09 PM

There is no "government" lists of foreclosures. Banks not government forecloses. You may be able to research the court records of your county to see what property was foreclosed. But often you will need to work with a good real estate agent that knows that market.
    jimmynoble12 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 24, 2008, 10:44 PM

If you get yourself a local real estate agent there is no doubt that they will be able to show you properties that meet your needs. They will have access to all of the forclosed properties that are listed by the local "reo agent" (real estate owned). REO agents list properties that are owned by the bank and are now for sale to the public. Banks will often have a site that will post the properties that they have on the market and they will have them listed with an agent. Often times I notice that the bank sites are not updated regularly as the multiple list systems that the agents use will be the most accurate place to find the status and price of a property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find free tax foreclosure lists [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find free tax foreclosure lists

Government Tax Rebate [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering when people are going to get the government rebate checks? Alos, does everone qualify?

American government [ 1 Answers ]

Describe the Judicial Branch and its roll within the systems of checks and balances?

Government [ 1 Answers ]

What are types of laws that Virginia has that California does not have to follow?

View more questions Search