Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Katlady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2008, 12:26 PM
    How to get boyfriend out of house that I own.
    I would like to know how to get my soon to be ex boyfriend out of the house that I own in CT. Everything is in my name. He pays no rent. I have asked him to leave and he says that I will have to wait until he is ready to leave. He has no money and has a hard time holding a job. He has become verbaly abusive.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2008, 12:32 PM

You need to formally evict him. He has established residency. Absent a lease that requires him to make rental payments, you will have to terminate his residency. That means you will need to give him at least 30 days notice to vacate. If he doesn't vacate, then you will need to go to court for an eviction order. Check the specific rules for evictions with your local housing court.
    bobloblaw Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2008, 12:35 PM

Or, if he is abusing you, you call call the police and file a report / restraining order , and he will not be able to return.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2008, 12:41 PM

You can try getting a restraining order, but unless there is physical abuse, its unlikely. What happens is you call the police, they come and he says that you just called them to try and get him out. The police will then leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get my daughters boyfriend out of my house? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter lives in a home that my husband and I own. We do not make her pay rent. She is responsible for the electric and the water bills. When she moved we told her not to move any other people in with her. We told her she could have visitors, but no live ins. We found out that she has...

I'm dying & My boyfriend wants name on my house. Why? [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I own my own home and my boyfriend of 5 years wants to move in but says he won't until his name is on the mortgage. I have all ready given him the home in my will, but that's not what he wants. He wants his name on it now, so he feels "secure". I don't understand. I have a zero interest...

Being unmarried and getting boyfriend off title of house [ 3 Answers ]

Last year me and my boyfriend who have lived together for 2 yrs refinanced the house that me and my son had lived in for the last 5 yrs. We are splitting up, so how do I go about getting his name off the title of the house, and if I would have to refinance to get him off he has threatened to not...

Adding name to house title with boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

How does one go about adding their name (with permission from boyfriend) to the house title without refinancing?

Kick Boyfriend Out of House [ 4 Answers ]

I have been living with a guy for almost 4 years. I am breaking it off with him and told him to leave but he won't. What rights do I have? The house I live in is an inheritance from my parents and in my name only. My boyfriend has worked maybe 6 months out of the whole 4 years we have been...

View more questions Search