Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lewirey Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Do sentances ever get dropped?
    Hi I live in ireland but used to live in england. While in england my g/f committed a large amount of driving offences (driving with no licence, tax or MOT). She was looking at time not sure how much so she fled the country. She was convicted in her absence I don't know how long she got but will she ever be able to go back to england without ahving to do her time? Any help would be greatly apprieciated
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 2, 2008, 08:21 PM

Most likely not. More possible not to do time if they had stayed.
    But they will need to hire an attorney.
    bobloblaw Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Nov 3, 2008, 12:13 PM

Agreed. She should've stayed and fought it. Now she's fled the country and risks even more serious charges. If she's smart, she'll hire an attorney from outside the country to represent her on her behalf, and maybe she has a good excuse like her family member just died and that's why she left - they might let her have a new trial, they might not. Either way she needs a lawyer - and a good one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are my rights she just dropped them off? [ 2 Answers ]

I have an X that just decided last week she was tired of the kids she dropped all 3 off 18-14-13 yrs of age the oldest is still in school 12th grade also he is not mine (according to paper work) but I love him the same . When she found out I was going for child support she came back to get my...

She dropped a big bomb [ 9 Answers ]

Ok.. so in November of 2006 I was driving my boyfriends car and I backed into my friends car. That night we talked about it and decided that I was going to pay for it when they figured out a price. About a week later I asked my friend about the damage and didn't get a response so I went about my...

Baby dropped [ 4 Answers ]

Is it normal for the baby to drop at 31 weeks? Do it mean that I'm going to have him early, or am I just going to have this hurtful pressure for the next 9 weeks?

Dropped laptop [ 2 Answers ]

Hiya, I have an advent 7003 laptop, and a lovely little child that decided to play with it, and knocked it off a chair onto the floor, there seems to be no external damage, but now the screen won't come on, and the keyboard does not work, when I turn it on, the power light comes on, the fan...

View more questions Search