Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Khululwa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2008, 06:38 AM
    How do I stop my vomitting every time I eat something?
    I'm about five weeks pregnant with my first child. Every time I eat something, no matter what it is, I vomit. I can't even drink water and I'm afraid this might carry on for weeks.
    What do I do to stop this from Happening?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2008, 08:24 AM

A few things that work for some women:

*extra vitamin B6
    *motion sickness accupressure bands
    *accupuncture
    *crackers or toast before getting out of bed/a little something in your stomach throughout the day
    *ginger
    *fresh air/moderate exercise
    *peppermint or sour candy
    *cool, wet washcloth on back of neck

If you are keeping nothing down, including liquids, let your doctor/midwife know. Some women will need to use some medication for awhile.
    sasha_1 Posts: 58, Reputation: 4

Oct 27, 2008, 10:53 AM

Ask your doctor about zofran. It's prescription med for vomiting in pregnancy. Very safe. It may or may not take away your vomiting and nausea fully, but it will help in lessening the number of times you throw up.

Also check for the iron content in your prenatal vitamin. Sometimess too much iron aggravates the vomiting.

Do check for dehydration. If you are not able to keep fluids down for 24 hours, you may have to go for fluids through IV. I am speaking all these from my personal exp.
    numberonemommy Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Oct 31, 2008, 08:35 AM

As DoulaLC said, one of the things that can help is by nibbling on the crackers before you even get out of bed. This helps settle your stomach before you even get up and moving. I had the worst morning/day/night sickness when I was pregnant, and also one of the things that may have just been a mental thing, nbut they have like morning sickness candies and lollipops... I found that sucking on the candies helped a little bit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a landlord stop me having hot water in the day time [ 2 Answers ]

Can a landlord stop me from having hot water in the day time

My cat is vomitting! [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My 7 year old cat Ginger, indoor, big, orange tabby, and otherwise healthy - has been with chronic vomitting for about 5 years. I have tried many many fantastic alternative type healthy foods - nearly every single brand of holistic cat food - Fromm, Merrick, Canidae, Wellness,etc.etc.(too...

Cat keeps vomitting [ 1 Answers ]

My cat is 7 years old. Last 6 days she keeps vomitting she has been seen by pdsa. Gave her some tablets. Nothing working.can any one help please.

80s/90s show girl that could stop time! [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying desperatley to remember the name of an American show think it used to be on on Sat mornings where the girls dad was an alien and she could communicate with him through this triangle thing that she kept in her bedroom, she was obviously half alien and she could freeze time by putting her...

Rust Stop Type Of Product... drying Time [ 2 Answers ]

When my Son uses the Rust Stop type of product, after he has removed the loose rust with sandpaper... how long does he have to wait after spraying it on, for it dry and then after it dries, does he have to sand it before beginning with the body filler work? THANKS:confused:

View more questions Search