Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Oct 20, 2008, 06:48 PM

From my experience in drinking and smoking ciggeretes I have a few things to say.

The most powerful attraction of alcohol is its ability to allow you to inhibit your inhibitions. This means you'll feel more comfortable and capable of doing something you subconsciously want to but can't because you're restricted by social norms. There is nothing wrong with this, but the line is drawn to what extent you take this notion into. (Flirting is miles from cheating/raping as a rough example.)

Smoking really is a crappy drug though. I feel a head rush that makes me dizzy and visually impaired which is kind of trippy but other than that it's not worth it. The Cancer, Smell, Uglyness, Dirtyness of smoking is not worth its half-assed high.

Now weed I haven't tried it yet but I've seen its effects and it really is a grey area for me.
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Oct 22, 2008, 03:20 PM

Hello, I'm 15 and I love a drink on a Friday night.. its just basically a way to say hello to the weekend, and that's how I look at it, and its up to the person, if they want to drink or not, don't get pushed to do it
    WakkieRob Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2008, 03:35 PM

I’m afraid of no Ghost or trying anything… that’s your goal in life to find out what’s good and what’s not. Church is good for all however bad you think you are the devils always worse after all it’s his ideas that get you into trouble. How ever religious you are or are not there’s always a higher power controlling you or tricking you into doing stupid things.

What you think?
    NItEMArE129 Posts: 222, Reputation: 29

Oct 22, 2008, 06:32 PM

Most teens probably drink because it, sadly, "looks cool." Think about it. As human beings, we usually follow the crowd. Honestly to yourselves, how many of you would be the only ones not to drink at a party where EVERYBODY around you drank? Even a little sip? The feeling of being accepted into society is a need that is wired into almost every person's mind.

Also, rather than growing up with many negative influences on drinking, it's possible that your classmates grew up with positive influences on drinking. Brothers, sisters, parents, and peers all have an effect on how you view drinking. The time your exposed to these will affect how strong your viewpoint is. It sincerely depends on each individual person.
    rebel-2 Posts: 107, Reputation: 8

Oct 24, 2008, 01:21 AM
    Well basically teenagers just start to drink because its "cool"... I guess. Some of my mates drink, I don't know why but they do. Not hardout drinking but they do tend to sneak a couple of cans of "anything". I've had a can or two but I only had some to try it out. It doesn't taste that.. great but you get used to it and it becomes just one of things (dont let it get out of hand... people end up drinking for fun and they just ruin themselves).

I have an ididot friend who acts drunk "before" he's even had a sip (shows up dumb and arragont you can be).

Anyway, if you're a chick Don't DRINK!! it isn't good.
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Oct 25, 2008, 05:34 AM
    People drink alcohol for a few reasons. It's a cultural norm in America to get smashed off your like an idiot and people accept that because it's what they've been taught and shown to be accepted.
    Other people drink to cover emotional issues; to feel not as guilty about doing something they know is wrong, because they can claim that they were innebreated. Sometimes it's to mask other pains and to forget.

In any case it's extremely overrated and counterproductive (in large quantities)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Great guy not acting like a great guy [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I've read so many "self help" books. I would like to change. I keep doing the same things. I like to indulge in . Seems like every time I do. I become a moron. When I work on a guitar piece or produce one of my songs I feel better, happy confident. There are other things that I'm...

Great music. Great story, too [ 1 Answers ]

I like the music tremendously! And the pictures tell the fantastic story well. We Didn't Start The Fire Make certain your speakers are turned up.

Great Dane Great Strain? [ 8 Answers ]

I love great danes!! I have and always will love them. In general I love big dogs! My question is though if I were to get a great dane what's my cost looking at what are some of the problems that are spefic to great danes behaviour and health wise (ex. Yorkies have hip problems) also I really want...

What's best to give great dane to aviod bloat [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting a 2 year old great dane next week and am worrried about bloat and am wondering if I can give her anything regular to help avoid this awful lethal thing happening. She is a rescue pet from scotland.

What's the deal with my Ex. Great question I need all your help [ 5 Answers ]

Long story short. I Loved my ex girl friend a lot and still kind of do although I'm finally getting over her and moving on. I'm now longer deprressed about it. We were very serious, close to getting engaged, and I had her initials tattooed. I know it was dumb but felt it is part of the story so...

View more questions Search