Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spirts_within85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2008, 06:49 PM
    How to tell if I have spirts
    My boyfriend and I could be in one room and then all of a sudden we can hear noises coming from another room does that mean we have spirts in our house we try to sleep and are closets start rattling or opening and closing on there own what do I do?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 06:57 PM

If you have doors or cabinet doors open all by themselves it means that someone or something has opened them. If a door is easy to open and does not stay open by itself and closes on it's own due to the door being hung wrong, then no, you don't have ghosts.

I have several ghosts who like to come to my home and leave me all sorts of stuff like pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, wrenches, nut drivers, wire strippers and other things. I'm not afraid of this as I know who is doing this. You may also notice some distinct odors or fragrances as well. I know when a particular ghost has visited here as I can smell Italian food very strongly or some wonderful German cologne.

Your ghosts may just be trying to communicate with you.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Hi, spirts_within85!

The first thing that I would do is look for logical reasons as to why things might be happening the way that they are. I cannot deny the existence of paranormal activity because of experiences that I've had in my own life. However, please do look for logical explanations for what happens before assuming that something of the paranormal is happening so that you don't become unreasonably afraid.

If most of these things occur at night, (I'm not sure when most of these things are happening) then at night people are able to hear a lot of things that they might not even notice during the day. Your location in a home or apartment makes a difference as to the noises or sounds that you will hear. Some rooms might acting more as resonating chambers more so then other rooms to sounds that might be coming from outside the dwelling.

Concerning doors opening or closing, rattling, etc.: Are there any windows open or pets around? What about a heating or cooling system playing a part in what is happening?

Again, as I've already said, people will hear, especially at night, a lot of sounds that they might not notice during the day. You could also be hearing the sounds happening in a nearby dwelling where the audible volume might be increased because of where you are located in yours.

Thanks!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2008, 05:07 PM

I even have heard a man's voice distinctly say a short phrase coming from another room. When I investigate where the voice came from I have found my son asleep snoring or he is in a totally different room with the door closed running water. He has heard what he has thought to be my voice coming from the other end of my house and came to my room and asked me what I wanted. This happens all the time in my house.

They usually can communicate with us for about a two second "window".
    BeccaS Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spirts_within85 View Post
    My boyfriend and i could be in one room and then all of a sudden we can hear noises coming from another room does that mean we have spirts in our house we try to sleep and are closets start rattling or opening and closing on there own what do i do?

Most likely you do have spirits in your house. I recommend praying or moving. We lived somewhere similar once and it doesn't get better it usually gets worse as it develops more power

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search