Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frylock7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 05:27 AM
    Felon, in college, desperate for Career Guidance.
    Hello, I am In college, in my second year. I was going to get my Bachelor's in Human Resources-Counseling, with a minor in Drug/Alcohol Treatment, but I am afraid that there will not be very many jobs open. All I keep hearing is Health care.. Health care.. but I am not able to get a lot of jobs in the health care profession. My convictions are all blue collar, no violent, no drugs, but one is larceny and that makes a seven year wait applicable to me. That means I cannot even get into a nursing program for seven years. So, my question is , do you think my chosen profession is going to be in demand and if not, what health care careers can I go into with a felony record? (In case you need to know to determine, I was incarcerated for forgery)
    scfisher Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2010, 10:44 AM

That is a tough one. If you really want to be in health care you can call the licensing board in your state for the chosen profession and tell them your past. Ask them, for example, the nursing board if they would do a pre screening and see if there are would be problems getting licensed later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What career can I do as a convicted felon? [ 21 Answers ]

I am seeking a career, however I have criminal background. Every which way I go, I seem to hit a road block, from universities for graduate programs to employers telling me a whole line of bs. I went to an employment agency the other day she told me she could help me find a job at IHOP. I have a...

Mid-Level Career Path guidance [ 4 Answers ]

hello all, I am new to this forum. Basically having total 9.5 years in IT, but I seek some urgent guidance to how proceed from here. Myself. Initial 4 years = went in hardware/network and basic Windows related troubleshooting. Next 5 years = core exp in helpdesk operaations /lead team /...

View more questions Search