Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Galveston1,
    I have thought about it a lot.
    And read a lot about it.
    That us why U di not believe in the Rapture as it is being taught in the Last Days books.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by sndbay #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Sndbay
    Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
    (KJV)

Enoch is praised in scripture by God for telling truth, and it is that truth you are refer in the scripture above. Enoch is from Cain's family line (Cain noted as the first murder from the beginning/son of the devil John 8:44) This truth he told was well approved by God because it came from Enoch knowing the heritage of his father ... Cain ... satan. (The church of Smyrna is also shown in praise of God for the same that Enoch proclaimed in truth)
    Reply and posted by Galveston1 #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    [I do believe you are confused here. This Enoch is the prophet, the son of Jared, not Cain.

Gen 5:18-29
    18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:
    19 And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
    20 And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died.
    21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:
    22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:
    23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:
    24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.
    25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech:
    26 And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years, and begat sons and daughters:
    27 And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died.
    28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:
    29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD hath cursed.
    (KJV)]

There are Two = Enoch

Enoch
    1) eldest son of Cain

2) son of Jared and father of Methuselah whom God took home to heaven without dying

Genesis 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Enoch of Jude, does say the seventh from Adam.. and Cain's Enoch hertiage is known to be from satan. This is a differ thread so let's not discuss it here..

Some believe the word caught up means rapture.. I do not agree.. Christ himself was caught up with the Father, and I ask would that mean Christ was raptured? No raptured is not in the bible...
    It is a man that came up with the idea from a little girl's dream or vision, and that is all it is, an idea. We are all lacking in wisdom, and no man holds all truth except "ONE" (This too is written)

Another refer for the angels would be Deu 33:2 among all the others
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 01:56 PM
    sndbay
    I agree that the rapture is NOT in the bible.
    It is a man's idea and bogus theology at that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 20, 2008, 06:08 PM

Well, its your privilege to not believe it. But according to scripture, if you are not looking for the return of Jesus, you probably won't go.

You are right about the word "rapture" not being in the Bible. I still say that Paul desribed it.
    Neither of you have proved that 1 Thes 4:17 does not come before the great tribulation.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Galveston1
    I do look forward to the return of Jesus.
    I pray for it to happen soon for I think the world needs Him to do so very much.
    The bible says that there will be one return of Christ.
    That is what I believe.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 08:15 PM

Galveston1 as long as you have found the subject in I Thes 4:13 it is your choice to believe in a rapture.

And, I can tell you that Christ did say in Mark 8:15 beware of the leaven. A word of false teaching can sure make things rise up differently.

As for me, I stand by the word as it is written, and feel that Jesus rebuked Peter in Mark 8:33 because he spoke what was in his heart of his own mind, rather then by "The Word" Wanting something because you love the idea better, or because man said it was so is not what The Word tells us to follow.

Mark 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Jeremiah 33:3

~WATCH
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1 View Post
    Well, its your privilege to not believe it. But according to scripture, if you are not looking for the return of Jesus, you probably won't go.

You are right about the word "rapture" not being in the Bible. I still say that Paul desribed it.
    Neither of you have proved that 1 Thes 4:17 does not come before the great tribulation.
    I don't think so Galv, I think every Christian goes whether they believe in a rapture or not... ( I'm not nearly as merciful and kind as God, I'm make them stay just for being so stubborn! OK maybe not the whole time but just enough to scare the puddin out of them. Ha!) But alas, they too will be there.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
    sndbay,
    If there is a rapture as is being taught only the dead will rise first and neet Jesus in the clouds.
    Since it is only after people l;east expect it, I will be long dead of body will be delighted to meet Jesus.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Oct 21, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    sndbay,
    If there is a rapture as is being taught only the dead will rise first and neet Jesus in the clouds.
    Since it is only after people l;east expect it, I will be long dead of body will be delighted to meet Jesus.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    I thought you were a better Bible scholar than to write the first paragraph above.

1Thes 4:15-18
    15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
    (KJV)

Those believers still alive will be caught up WITH the resurrected believers. If you argue with Paul, then I don't know how to convince you.
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Oct 21, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Rusty,

The Lord Jesus discussed it plenty because he wanted us to know..he gave some signs of the times...he did this because he said we can KNOW that it is near...even at the DOOR.

He gave a parable of the fig tree...(fig tree is Israel) he said consider it..when it blooms you know that summer is near. Then he goes on to say that the generation that see the leaves on the fig tree would see the second coming.

hmmm? since 70 A.D. there was no Israel and then on May 14, 1948 she is on the map. He went on to say that the generation that witness the fig tree would see the second coming. you err in not understanding the signs.

It is important to be ready NOW..but there is nothing and I mean nothing unbilical abouting discerning the signs of the times...Jesus talked about it himself.
    No, it's certainly NOT un-biblical. It's just irrelevant.

Jesus routinely offered proof of God's love, and His divinity. He performed miracles. He touched hearts. He was crucified, resurrected, and offered Thomas the opportunity to inspect His wounds. He gave us signs to tell when He would return.

My point is that the date is irrelevant to those people who have faith. Just knowing that it will happen is all that really matters.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 07:28 PM
    sndbay,
    Fred, The idea of "if" does not exist in my mind and heart concerning a rapture, because I take the Word to be a reality, just as God is a reality. Man teaches religion, and The Word speaks of reality as Flesh.

The dead shall rise, would be those baptized are said to be dead in Christ. They will rise in life to eternity, as Christ was raised to live again in eternity. It is thought of dead to being alive living an eternital life, ever lasting.

Note that I Thessalonians 4:13 is where the subject begins to tell us not to be ignorant or in sorrow concerning them asleep or them which have no hope. This is an unintentally unaware of deception and so like unitentally sleep those which have no hope of not being deceived is unintentally. Asleep at the Watch post..

I Thessalonians 4:13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

Note that I Thessonians 4:14 For if we believe (means assuming you do find that true) that Jesus died and rose again, (meaning died a death and rose as became alive again) even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him. (believer in Christ who were deceived such as by false teaching, yet God will save them in Christ)
    I Thessonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Note that I Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word, (reality of truth) that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord, (Phl 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.)shall not prevent them which are asleep. ( stand in the way )
    I Thessalonians 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    No one can know that Day, whether tomorrow, next week , next year or years, we do not know and should remain Watchful as Christ has told us. At this time we should pray as it is written to pray that Day does not come in the winter months.. I believe there is reason for any and all advise..

Those believers still alive will be caught up WITH the resurrected believers. If you argue with Paul, then I don't know how to convince you.
    This believer still alive is one that survived the deception. I would like to hear what time frame you have in mind? Chapter 5 tells of a sudden destruction which is what we stand against and successfully Watch for Christ to return after.. Michael is that voice as a servant, in which Christ shouts

Post#20
    I am convinced that the rapture will be the signal for the final week of Daniel's prophecy to start. At that time, everyone will have a God given time table of events.
    2nd
    Yes, The Antichrist must come to power before Jesus returns. The rapture is when the resurrected and changed saints are called up to Him in the air, as Paul teaches.
    I gather you believe (rapture) is the rise of people? And I call this the resurrection of people from dead to live in eternity as Christ did..And you believe The Lords Day does follow antiChrist? and is indeed the millinium 1000 years?

Daniel 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation [even] to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Galveston1,
    Please reread what I said.
    I do not disagree with Paul.
    You quoted the passage that I was referring to the dead in Chrsit.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred.

Oct 22, 2008, 04:00 PM

It appears SND, that you and I have differing ideas of who the "dead in Christ" are. I believe they are those righteous people from both the OT times and NT times who have died physically and presently await their resurrections.
    If I understand you, it seems you believe the calling up to meet the Lord in the air to be AFTER the Millennium. Is that what you believe?
    Bonnie46 Posts: 113, Reputation: 16

Oct 22, 2008, 04:24 PM

Dear Ashley0716,
    Do you truly believe in your heart of hearts, sitting here typing on a keyboard, at a computer - that mankind is coming to an end right now?
    *If it actually happens within the next couple of months - I will hunt you down in the afterlife to offer up a formal apology.

If everything around us: a kleenex box, the telephone, your hair brush, the milk in the fridge, the shampoo in the shower, was to just - (end) VANISH - what would you want to do to prepare? What can the church or your brother and sister in law do that could change this?
    How do you expect to prepare?

??

?
    ?
    ?

Oct 22, 2008, 04:26 PM

Dear Galveston1,

What is the proper definition of a 'rapture'? And what do you perceive it in your mind to be?

Oct 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Never mind. Found the definition. I hope when you all meet HER/HIM it is as wonderful and as ecstatic as you presently envision it.

p.s. It's not something you wait for - to experience during the transition from this life, to the next. You can find it in your heart right now. It lives inside you.
    WakkieRob Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2008, 04:51 PM

It doesn't matter what you think is going to happen or not it's what high people are not telling you that you should be worried about. Just believe in Glory Of Deliverance and your be OK!

Remember: What do we actually know about what's out there and things explode everywhere around us. Just be glade that you believe and that GOD gives you another Day OK!
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Bonnie46,
    The second coming of Christ is not then end of life on earth but the end of this life as we know it.
    The bible tells us that there will be 1000 years of peace, and more after that but different when Satan is released after the 1000 years of him being bound in hell.
    There really are no specifics as to when life on earth will completely end.
    It may be so far in the future that the sun will become a nova and absorb this planet millions of years from now.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    WakkieRob Posts: 61, Reputation: 4

Oct 23, 2008, 04:35 AM

Can't you give me more time to be religious?
    ashley0716 Posts: 121, Reputation: 12

Oct 23, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie46 View Post
    Dear Ashley0716,
    Do you truly believe in your heart of hearts, sitting here typing on a keyboard, at a computer - that mankind is coming to an end right now?
    *If it actually happens within the next couple of months - I will hunt you down in the afterlife to offer up a formal apology.

If everything around us: a kleenex box, the telephone, your hair brush, the milk in the fridge, the shampoo in the shower, was to just - (end) VANISH - what would you want to do to prepare? What can the church or your brother and sister in law do that could change this?
    How do you expect to prepare?

????????

?
    ?
    ?
    It's not that I think I can do anything to stop it. And the Bible DOES teach us that we are supposed to long for the day of Christ's return, for it will mean a world of pain, suffering and sadness is coming to an end. But I am a new mom, and I have dreams of watching my children have children, so me, being human, is a little dismayed about the idea of not getting that opportunity, although a better one lies ahead. And no, it isn't that my groceries and our material things will disappear, but God's word is clear, that WHEN the rapture takes place, all those believing he is the son of God and He died for us, will be caught up in the air with Him, and it WILL be the SCARIEST most CHAOTIC thing the people left behind will ever experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to go to church? [ 13 Answers ]

I want to get my children baptised does this mean I need to go to church every week?

Can I get married in a Church ? [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner is soon to be divorced and we plan on getting married shortly afterwards. I have not married before and it would be a dream come through for me if it was possible to get married in the church can anyone tell me if my dream is possible.

Church attendance [ 5 Answers ]

I know when it comes to issues between myself and the Lord, it is only up to myself to make everything right. However, I am guilty of hardly attending mass on a regular basis. I managed to attend for Easter last year, but cannot find myself to attend on a regular basis. By the end of the work...

Thoughts about his Church [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know what your thoughts are about the LDS Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) Also know as the Mormom Church.

View more questions Search