Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 19, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Very scared!
    My dog Niki has really never been sick. I have her annual check-up booked for next month. About 15 minutes ago (6:15am MTN TIME) she started choking and honking like a really loud goose! I don't think she got into anything that would have made her choke! I gave her the heimlich maneuver, and after several times of doing that, she threw up froth with blood in it! I called the emerg vet, and she can't come in for another 3 hrs. Niki seems lethargic, and doesn't want to drink. She is 5 yrs old, is up to date on all shots and everything. I just don't know what could be wrong, and I'm beside myself with worry! Anybody have any thoughts until I can get her to the vet in a few hrs? :(
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 20, 2008, 04:42 AM

It turns out that Niki has a lung infection. :( She has been put on Antibiotics and Muscle Relaxants. I'm suppose to keep a close eye on her for the next week.

Have any of you ever had this happen with your dog? I feel horrible for her, and I'm getting very little sleep, because I'm always up checking on her to make sure she's okay.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 06:53 AM

I hope she feels better!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 20, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    i hope she feels better!
    Thank you! I have to wake her up now to give her these big horse pills they gave me. I can't even get her to drink without coughing and throwing up. I don't know how I am going to get her to swallow these things. Luckily one of the pills is small. I usually don't have a problem with giving her medication, but I don't know how this will go. Her little throat is probably so dry and sore. :(
    Kathy888 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 12:36 AM

My dog has CPV-2b and now he won't eat. When I try to feed him he bites bad.

Well, I think your in a better condition.

Hope it gets well soon!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Oct 21, 2008, 01:12 AM

Kathy, I'm not familiar with what CPV-2b is. I'm assuming it's maybe cardiac/pulminary related? Are you trying to hand feed him? What breed is he, and how old? I'll help if I can.

Niki had a spurt tonight where she seemed back to her old self. She wanted to play, and I even through her ball, and she ran a short distance without coughing. Unfortunately, it was right around the time that she needed to take her meds. I'm sure she knows that mommie was just doing the right thing to help her, but she didn't like it all the same. The meds make her so sleepy, but I have to in order to help her. She kept me up again all night tonight. She just cries, and I just wish she could talk, so she could tell me what hurts. :( But, I think she's slowly getting better. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Scared cat [ 4 Answers ]

My sister died 2.5 months ago and I inherited her cat - Buster - he is a neutered 18 month old male. I already have a cat - Itsy (neutered female) who I have had since a kitten and is now 8. Initially we introduced them gradually, a few hours a day but Itsy always hissed and spat at Buster and...

I'm so scared and sad [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 15 and I cannot stop hating my life, I cannot stop wanting to hurt myself, I cannot stop looking on the negative side. I'm in therapy right now, but they don't know I've been cutting myself and pricking my fingers. If I tell, my parents need to know. I hate talking to my parents, and it also...

I'm scared! [ 9 Answers ]

I know this may be the wrong section, but I'm desperate for some help! I have already posted in the Adult Sexuality section, but I firgure 2 places would double my responses Here it goes: PLEASE READ! Hey everyone: Well I'm 19, almost 20, and to get straight to the point, I'm scared of...

I'm 18 and scared ! [ 1 Answers ]

not this Friday but the Friday before I just finished my period but forgot to re take my pill I had sex Friday Saturday Sunday Monday and Tuesday didn't re take pill again until Tuesday night I took day after pill on Wednesday was told not to have sex but we did on the Friday he palled out but I...

Scared to . [ 12 Answers ]

OK I am sceard to sleep in my room alone any one has some advice?

View more questions Search