Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Oct 17, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Bluetooth errors
    I had bluetooth on my computer and used it fine a long time ago. But now I'm trying to use it again and its no where to be found! I tried doing Start>Run>bthprops.cpl

But nothing pops up! Is there anyway to fix this? Thank you!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 17, 2008, 11:54 PM

Check the Device Manager and make sure the Bluetooth drivers are installed and active. Are there any yellow alert symbols?

Oct 18, 2008, 09:51 AM

In the device manager I see

Bluetooth Devices. Then when I click that, it 2 sub-menus are shown then: "BlueTooth Bus Enumerator" and "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Technology"

I may not be looking hard enough, but I don't see any alert symbols

And just one more thing! There is no bluetooth icon in the notificatin area nor is it in the Control Panel!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Oct 18, 2008, 10:24 AM

In the Control Panel, look in Keyboard and Other Peripherals. The Blue Tooth might be in there, switch it on.

Also read through this:
    How to troubleshoot Bluetooth detection and connectivity problems in Windows XP Service Pack 2

Oct 18, 2008, 10:32 AM

Okay, I looked every where and I did a search with the key words of bluetooth. When I click on some of things that popped up, they either said bluetooth license failed, nothing happened, or the a page did pop up, but it was like all messed up. I tried everything on that site last night. I discovered that tons of people have had this issue, however, none of them were helped over the internet, so there isn't any ways to solve this that I could find

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Messaging? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I was wondering if there was a way to send a text-message like message to a another computer by bluetooth or ad-hoc netwok? Is this possible with a cell phone with no covereage? Thanks!

What is a bluetooth technology? [ 1 Answers ]

What is a bluetooth technology?

Bluetooth dongle? [ 2 Answers ]

Are bluetooth dongles specific to particular devices or is any dongle compatible with anybluetooth device?

View more questions Search