Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Oct 9, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Actually there are a number of proofs that God exists and some have been in existence for centuries.
    The problem is that that some people refuse to accept them.
    They want scientific proof not logical and/or philosophical proofs.
    Google proof of God on your computer to find many.
    Fred
    I find it amazing that people want scientific proof (natural) for God (supernatural). :rolleyes:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT View Post
    ... I dont know thats just me, maybe i just a have life.
    We all have lives.
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Oct 9, 2008, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis View Post
    SassyT to NeedKarma:

Atheists don't exist ? ? ?

What is Atheism? / What is an Atheist?

ATHEISM

A THEISM

A = No(t) or Without

THEISM = Belief in "God" or "Gods"

ATHEISM = No or Without Belief in "God" or "Gods"

There are many hundreds of millions of people who have no (or are without) belief in "God" or "Gods".
    Ergo : there are many hundreds of millions of people who are Atheist.

So sassyT : you were wrong once again !

ATHEISTS EXIST ! ! !

You Believe athiests exist. So called athiests are just Agnostic. Agnostic meaning they don't know whether God exists or not.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Oct 9, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT View Post
    You Believe athiests exist. So called athiests are just Agnostic. Agnostic meaning they dont know whether God exists or not.
    You refuse to accept the real meaning of the words Atheism and Atheist...

So one more than : here we go again with the real meaning of Atheism :

What is Atheism? / What is an Atheist?

ATHEISM

A THEISM

A = No(t) or Without

THEISM = Belief in "God" or "Gods"

ATHEISM = No or Without Belief in "God" or "Gods"

There are many hundreds of millions of people who have no (or are without) belief in "God" or "Gods".

So they are A-Theists

REPEAT :

So they are REPEAT :

So they are A-Theists

REPEAT :

So they are REPEAT :

So they are A-Theists

REPEAT :

So they are REPEAT :

So they are A-Theists

Atheism is NOT (only) disbelief in the existence of a "supreme being or beings".
    Most Atheists have NO opinion on the existence of a "supreme being or beings".
    Only a few "Strong" Atheists do that. Most "Soft/Weak" Atheists simply ignore the possibility of existence of a "supreme being or beings", as there is no (OSE) proof for that religious claim.

Agnosticism is about questioning the existence of a supreme being or beings, with the conclusion that nobody will ever know.

Atheists do not question the existence of a supreme being or beings.

So Atheists are NOT Agnostics, and both Atheists and Agnostics exist !

There are many hundreds of millions of people who are Atheist.

So sassyT : you were wrong once again !

ATHEISTS EXIST ! ! !

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 02:51 PM

Why don't we settle this over a game of parcheesy!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 03:00 PM

DrJizzle, I'm in, bring on the parcheesy! :)

Anyone want to bet how long it will take before this thread is closed? I'm betting page 15, anyone else?

We just keep fighting about the same thing, over and over again, we're getting no where, we never will. Everyone here is too stubborn to listen to anyone else, yes, myself included. So, why are we still discussing when we all know it's futile?

Just a thought.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 03:22 PM

How else would we settle an discussion like this?

Honestly, I am surprised we made it THIS long... if we had a pool going, I would have lost PAGES ago!

Sassy... you KNOW God exists and...

I KNOW that you don't KNOW that God exists.

SO now we have a conundrum. You see, you KNOW God exists and that remains FACT until I disprove it. BUT... I KNOW that you Don't know God exists so now THAT remains a fact until YOU can disprove it!

:D

Ha!

Discussion over. There is nowhere left to go.
    -

Oct 9, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    .... We just keep fighting about the same thing, over and over again, we're getting no where, we never will ....
    That's not only the problem here, Alty!!
    sassyT believes in "God" etc. etc. etc.
    Fine with me. No problem with that. From me she may believe whatever she wants.

sassyT CLAIMS to know science and the scientific method and way of operation of science, but misuses science to attack evolution and origin of the universe and of life, and shows almost no scientific knowledge and capability of argumentation herself. Apparently all she can rely on is her BELIEF.
    sassyT FAILS each time when asked to support her own ideas with any scientific evidence, but claims than the freedom to BELIEVE that .
    sassyT is clearly not a reliable source, but is instead a fanatic fundamentalist creationist running at the leash of the ICR and sort like organisations.

sassyT became rather irritated when all her posts here ended in the conclusion that whatever she CLAIMED to be was what she BELIEVED to be.
    It is for that reason that sassyT started this nonsense about "to know" instead of "to believe".
    And as long as this topic remains open I will keep posting about her "to know" nonsense.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Post slightly shortened afterwards !
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 04:57 PM

I do believe that this is a revenge post, a way to egg us on, otherwise there would be no point to this post at all.

I find Sassy's logic a bit off. To claim that because she knows that she had eggs and toast for breakfast she therefore also knows that God exists, that is backwards logic if I ever heard it.

Sassy wants an argument, and even though we've repeatedly pointed out that she can believe in God, heck, she can even believe that God exists, but to state that she knows of God's existence requires proof and she still won't change her statement, well, that just says to me that someone wants to be right no matter what.

Sassy, on a personal note, I'd love nothing more than proof of God's existence, it would verify my belief, it would finally give me proof that what I believe is real and not just a figment of my overactive imagination.

I too believe in God, but I cannot claim to know that God exists, because there simply isn't any proof of that, none. No one can claim to know of Gods existence, they can know in their heart, but to say that they know requires proof. That's the bottom line.

Darnit, I can't stay away. :(
    -

Oct 9, 2008, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    .... Sassy wants an arguement .....
    Fine with me. But in that case she should not hide behind her BELIEF and her claim to "know" , and instead provide real answers and OSE support for her claims.
    Till she does that her claims are completely INVALID, UNSUPPORTED, and based on nothing but HOT AIR !

:rolleyes:

Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 05:44 PM

I am telling you... there is only ONE way to solve this issue... ONE way to override all scientific facts, theory, proofs, religious claims, religious "facts", spiritual beliefs, philosophical views, insane accusations, psychosomatic quandaries, and even my supreme knowledge!!

Need I say it?

(Parcheesy!)
    Pets Expert

Oct 9, 2008, 05:57 PM

Game on! ;)
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Oct 9, 2008, 06:08 PM

See that's one of the reasons I find it so interesting is because people like SassyT are considered sane. I mean if there is a group of people that believe in aliens or the tooth fairy you can dismiss call them insane but you can't do that with people who believe in god. Personally I find studying this worth my time others may not but I'm always interested in learning.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Sassyt.
    Faith is a good thing to have.
    Without faith nothing can be accomplished.
    One must have faith even to do simple things like prepare a meal.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Oct 9, 2008, 08:45 PM

Faith is different than religious faith. I make breakfast all the time without having a religious faith. I do however have faith in my ability to cook breakfast. Two totally different animals.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 08:57 PM
    michealb,
    I think not.
    I think faith is faith and can be applied to ant endeavor.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Oct 9, 2008, 11:16 PM

Sassyt is showing faith, because she knows that not everything is proven about spiritual things.
    Jesus gave many parables that his contemporaries, who measured his statements by physical things, could not fathom. Jesus did miracles, and they didn't accept them either, because miracles supported his message, which they weren't prepared to accept. They wanted to just bury the whole idea of jesus, and they did.
    Sassyt has faith for that which takes faith, the living jesus and god:
    Jhn 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed [are] they that have not seen, and [yet] have believed.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2008, 11:32 PM
    cogs,
    There are lot of doubting Thomases in this world.
    I pray that all their an our doubts will be but aside in favor of Jesus Christ our Lord and savior.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2008, 09:19 AM

cogs and fred...

No, no, no... that is not fair that you take that route. No one here is doubting her FAITH... we are just trying to make her realize that it is FAITH... not KNOWLEDGE.

Sassy DOESN'T know that "not everything is proven about spiritual things". She seems to think that he faith or belief in something is PROOF of its existence.

That is not accurate nor is it healthy to her FAITH.

She is not backing up her claims with miracles or anything that can be deemed as any sort of proof.

It's that kind of talk that produce mindsets like this. Instead of setting the right frame of mind, you are simply encouraging ignorance.

... And thus, the biggest downfall of Religion as we know it.
    Pets Expert

Oct 10, 2008, 09:23 AM

DrJizzle, I wish there was an agree button on this thread. I agree 100% with what you just said, couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

These are amazing. [ 114 Answers ]

7 (More!) Underground Wonders of the World: Lost Caverns and Buried Cities | WebUrbanist 7 Most Amazing Caves of our World

Does anyone else find this amazing? [ 1 Answers ]

It puts our little planet in proportion to the universe. irReligion.org » We’re But A Speck In The Universe

Amazing pictures [ 2 Answers ]

From National Geographic online, pictures of a comet that has it's tail whacked off! Photo in the News: Comet Loses Tail in Space Collision

View more questions Search