Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    antman09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Getting rid of squatters in my property
    I just bought a property from sheriff sale. The night I bought property the house I live in caught fire. Now I have to move into the property I bought at sheriff sale. I go to the house and there are people living there illegally and I have no place to go. How do I get
    Them out immediately!! HELP!!

Thanks
    antman09
    deedgrabber Posts: 34, Reputation: 4

Sep 23, 2008, 10:51 AM

This happens to me all the time with tax sale properties.

Unfortunately you have to do an eviction in most areas, or take advantage of any ejectment policies that the sheriff has in place. DO NOT try to kick them out yourself, you could get in a lot of trouble. They don't have to leave until you get a court order or take advantage of any ejectment that you got at the sheriff's sale, and have the sheriff or the equivalent show up to kick them out.

Sorry about your fire!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squatters rights [ 11 Answers ]

What is the law in Texas based on as for as squatters rights?

How do I keep squatters off? [ 5 Answers ]

I am from Texas, and have recently acquired a quit claim title to a lot adjacent to mine. I have paid thirteen years back taxes, and I have done a title search myself and also have had it done profesionally, and thus obtained quit claim by surviving spouse. My problem is there have been squatters...

Squatters Rights [ 3 Answers ]

Do squatters have rights in Passaic, NJ? And if so what are they?

Squatters rights. [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, This is taking place in NYS. I recently bought 25 acres of land that borders about 12 houses in my development. Upon purchase I sent out letters for usage of the land i.e.. They could mow it and use it just not put up any permeant structures or cut any trees. Also that the land has...

Squatters, Help! [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I own a beautiful large house, but we live in another house we own in town. We have sadly decided to sell this large vacant house because we can no longer afford the mortgage. We have rented it out in order to help us make the monthly payment on it. Because of our plan to sell...

View more questions Search