Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

Sep 17, 2008, 11:54 PM
    Morgan 1890 worth
    I have a perfect aparently uncirculated 1890 morgan silver doller with no mint mark that I can find what is it worth usually?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Hi, sd1025!

What do you mean by "apparently uncirculated", please?

Flying Blue Eagle is an Expert on this site who has the current documentation concerning the possible monetary values of coins and currency. I am sure that he will be along eventually to personally address your post.

In the meantime, it would help if you could come up with some determination as to the graded conditions of the one that you have. There are a number of sites out there that will be helpful to you to make the determination of the grade yourself. If you click on the link below for a search for those kind of sites, you will find a number of them.

How to grade coins - Google Search

Flying Blue Eagle will be extremely helpful once he is online here and sees your post! He just loves exploring, researching and discussions about coins and currency!

Thanks!
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

Sep 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
    I went by some criteria I read about the wear on the coin and by looking at the one I had I figure its uncirculated because it has no wear spots and very little scratching
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Thanks, sd1025!

If it has no wear spots, then it's most likely uncirculated. If there's very little scratch marks, then that's even better! Silver dollars were carried around in bags, so scratch marks are generally a given that they will have them.

As I've already mentioned, Flying Blue Eagle does have the current documentation concerning such things. As such, I'm sure that he will eventually be along to address your post.

He has been having some health problems, though. If he doesn't come along soon, then I will find the information that you need. Although, that doesn't mean that someone else might not come along who also knows about what you have.

Thanks!
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 11:45 PM
    SD1025 - The 1890 Morgan silver dollar that you have , THE 2008 RED BOOK VALUES ON THIS COIN AS TO CONDITION YOU SAY IS AS FLLOWES::
    1890 - AU-50 MS-60 MS-63 MS-64 MS-65 PF-63
    $ 35.00 $ 40.00 $ 65.00 $ 175.00 $ 2,400.00 $ 2,600.00
    MS-60 - uncirculated ;; NO trace of wear, Full mint luster,present, but may be NOTICEABLY MARRED by scuff marks or bag abrasions.
    MS-63 - NO trace of wear , Full mint luster FEW noticeable surface marks ;;
    AU-50 - About Uncirculated - Slight trace of wear on the bust shoulder and hair left of forehead ,and on eagles breastand topedges of wings.
    This is the gradeing requirements for thes grades out of the red book for this coin
    If this coin has been cleaned bu someone that is not a professional that is more then likely where the scratches came from and that will drop the value down, the full luster that is indicated gives me that imperssion,as much as I hate to say ,ITS just that IM trying to fore warn you that if it was graded by ANA OR ANGC, Where coins are graded it may come back said that is where the scratchs came from and the VALUE IS LESS , I only hope and pray that it is as you think it is ;; I have a 1880 "0" Mint mark one and it is GRADED MS-65 by ANGC ; I have had this coin since I was 7 years old and I'm retired about 7 years, I will tell you hou I got the coin , IT CAME OUT OF A ONE ARM BANDIT MY DAD WAS PLAYING AND HE GAVE IT TO ME FOR MY COLLECTION I WAS STARTING > I HAVE kept it in a felt bok all these years and only get it out of the bank vault on special times , mostly coin shows. The oldest coin I have is dated 1739, eXTRA FINE. HOPE I HAVE HELPED YOU < HAVE A GREAT DAY & GOD BLESS ;; F.B.E.

Good evening CLOUGH- FROM -F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
    Thanks for coming along, F.B.E.

I'm never quite sure where you are or how you're doing. I get worried about that! It would be helpful to know...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Thank you so much about thinking about me ,and caring enough to ask, Right now Im Doing fairly well , Im off some of my heart medicine till I see the allergy this next week dut to what has happened to me over the last 2 months with being allergic to some of it , I try to get on here every night , I will try to let you know or have BARB to let you know if something goes bad again , The last three times I didn't have a chanch to do any thing , You really have to do some moveing, IT6's about 45 miles to the hospital and I came so very very close to not making it the first part of Aug. SO PLEASE KEEP ME IN YOUR PRAYERS< YOU KNOW people don't realize it but they really do help, THE GOOD LORD BROUGHT me back in Aug for a reason and I know He is going to let me know in due time what it is, and I don't care what it is I WILL DO WHAT HE SAYS . Clough you are a great friend, THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU > YOUR Friend ALWAYS : F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2008, 12:11 AM
    I will keep you in my prayers, Flying Blue Eagle! I wish that I knew your real first name, though. Mine is Craig. I think that you already know that, though.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2008, 10:54 PM
    CLOUGH - My fiorst name is " RICHARD " I always tell people it's easy to remember , just think of KING RICHARD OF ENGLAND, HA HA just joking,I guess Im feeling a little Better right now The new meds I think are helping But I won't really feel conforbul until I go to the allergy doctor this week, Ive just got every thing crossed,even my eye balls,having a little trouble crossing my ears though . Oh well I KNOW that GOD is with me and he will take care of me . Cloug ,I hope this is the on you posted on my E-MAIL . I've been trying to find that one ,but this thing is being crazy or I just haven't hit the right keys so far.Clough, You have a very nice day and I know that GOD IS WITH YOU ALSO< GOD BLESS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS> THEY DO HELP YOU KNOW@! Your friend > F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2008, 01:48 AM

Thanks, Richard! Please keep me and us posted as to how you are!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

Stuffed toy Morgan Dog [ 2 Answers ]

Are the stuffed toy Morgan Dogs still sold? My daughter had one 25 years ago and really loved that little dog. She held it so much that his middle wore through. My wife shortened him a bit by sowing him together in the middle but my daughter still loved him. Now she has a son just 8 weeks old and...

Morgan dog - stuffed toy dog [ 19 Answers ]

I am looking for an older stuffed dog, a child's toy, that had a rubber squeaker in the nose,  We used to call it a "Morgan" dog,  it had big plactic eyes that had loose black centers,  any info on this toy would be nice.

Morgan Dog - Stuffed Toy [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you, thank you, thank you to whoever posted about Morgan. I have MY Morgan (blue) from when I was a child. About a year ago I saw a new Morgan for sale at Daffy's (a discount store) and I didn't buy it --- I'm kicking myself. Can anyone tell me where I can find a new Morgan the Basset...

Does morgan want a THREESOME with my boyfriend and I? [ 3 Answers ]

Morgan works with my boyfirend josh. She just moved here and happens to go to the same art school as I do. She told josh she was wanting to make friends since she just moved here, so he intoroduced her to me since I'm in need of a friend also and we go to the same school. So, on the first day, josh...

View more questions Search