Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Sep 16, 2008, 03:01 PM
    UTI strict diet
    Hello,
    I got a really bad UTI infection and my doctor put in a strict diet to see if what Iam eating is irritating my bladder.. I have to stay in this diet for 3 months and then see my doctor again for the update.. He gave me the list on foods what to eat and not.. The section of Meats and Fish it says that I cannot eat meats that contain nitrates or nitrites nor processed or smoked meats or fish.. Then what I can eat is other poultry, fish and meat.. My question is, what is meats that contain nitrates or nitrites and what type of meat can I eat? And what can I eat exactly with this type of infection?
    P.S. Soo depressing, can't even have no chocolate :(
    mechanickid Posts: 248, Reputation: 5

Sep 16, 2008, 03:05 PM
    I know that most lunch meats contain nitrites, Nitrites are hard on your body anyway, but if you look at the labels it will tell you under ingredients if they are in there
    lizzie2994 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Oct 6, 2008, 11:20 AM

Hot dogs have nitrites, also really acidic things are bad for the bladder such as lemonade and soda

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Demand for Strict Proof [ 2 Answers ]

I joined a counter suit with my fiancée for defamation of character, abuse of process , and malicious prosecution against a dirtbag who has dragged our family through the mud. My claim stated for myself and my minor child. Their answer for joinder asked for "strict proof" as well as that the claim...

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Demand for Strict Proof [ 4 Answers ]

I have filed a counterclaim to a lawsuit with several "contibutory negligence" assertments which I have received an answer to which generally denies all allegations and demand strict proof thereof in accordance with Texas Rules of Civil Procedure. How do I answer?

Poor social growth in past, today, is my mother too strict? [ 42 Answers ]

In childhood, she was concerned about my health and education but not really about social life. It was OK! For her that I was getting along with social outcasts who also had boring life. As long as I was "saint" and religious, going always to church this was making her happy. Any who is agnostic...

Step father too strict? Maybe its me? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey All, Well this is gonna seem like an in depth story but I really need some help here. My sister got pregnant when she was 16. She had her daughter and then a year later became pregnant again with her son. Ever since she was pregnant with her daughter I have emotionally and financially...

View more questions Search