Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j_troubadour Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Could the flutters mean twins?
    Hi. I'm 14.5 weeks pregnant and I have a question.

I've felt flutterings when laying down on my stomach. Very cool feeling. Well I was laying there and I felt a fluttering on the right side. Then before that fluttering stopped I felt fluttering on my left side. At my last appointment my doctor found a heartbeat on the left side. But now I'm wondering about twins. She actually thought there was a good chance of me having twins my first appointment because she said my uterus was bigger than it'd normally be at 7w. One lady told me it was gas but it's was the same feeling on both sides but the one on the right felt further away. I know it was the baby but it was surprising to feel 2.

Here are my questions.

Is the placenta all the way across from one hip bone to the other?

If it is twins would they be that far apart? Would they have 2 placentas or just 1?

When the doc checked for a heartbeat she put the doppler in the middle and heard nothing... then she moved to the left side and found a heart beat and didn't check anywhere else. Since if I'm having twins it'd be on the right side would that mean that's why she didn't hear 2 hear beats?

My appointment is in 3 weeks. I'll have a check up with her because I've lost a lot of weight due to m/s and then we'll schedule all the screenings (just to be prepared just in case) and I'll have another u/s.

Could the flutterings mean twins?

Sorry so long.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Sep 4, 2008, 01:35 PM
    When I first started feeling movement with my son, I felt flutters everywhere, left, and right side. Have you had an ultrasound yet? If not, they should definitely be able to tell if you are having twins via US.
    j_troubadour Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 01:40 PM
    Yes. It was at 7w 3d. I know it's a stretch but when I felt the flutters on BOTH sides at the SAME time I was like oh my gosh. Plus I've had a feeling for a while about twins.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 5, 2008, 10:14 PM
    You won't definitely know about twins until your next u/s... and if they didn't see twins at your first scan then chances are slim. At that time in pregnancy it is the easiest to see two different sacs. Now there is a chance for identical or you may be further along than originally thought. I would ask your dr about the chances biased on your first scan.
    ConfusedInAK Posts: 184, Reputation: 16

Sep 5, 2008, 10:19 PM
    I think that's referred to as the quickening.

Almost feels like a solid gas bubble knocking around in your tummy...

Also when the baby flutters on one side it can cause twitching on your other side... sometimes feels like a congo going on in there...

But as the others have said only an ultrasound will show whether you have twins :) (though mothers are known to dream about their baby(ies) before hand ;)

Best wishes!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About twins [ 3 Answers ]

I just had twins 8 months ago. What is the chance of having twins again?

Temp gauge flutters intermittently [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys I have an 86 chevy c10 with a carbed 5.0 liter my problem is that intermittently the gauge just goes nuts all the way around to way past 260 back to nothing and everywhere in between then without warning it just goes back to normal. I know the problem is either in the gauge or the sending...

I want twins [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get pregnant with twins?? Twins run in my family and my husbands but, how can we make that happen?? :confused:

To Get Twins [ 8 Answers ]

I am Married about 2 yrs now.Its Time to go for Baby... I want Twin.. how do I get them ?

Concecutive heart flutters? [ 1 Answers ]

I've been having this problem latley. I'll be sitting in class, or watching a movie, or doing almost anything and all of the sudden I'll have anywhere from 5-10 (maybe more) heart futters in a row. Anyone know anything?:eek:

View more questions Search