Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greeneyedbaby Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Jul 31, 2008, 09:44 AM
    My relationship with my brother is in pieces
    So my brother is dating this girl. And for while she seemed nice and then I moved in with them and saw her true side. I asked a question previously about if I should talk to him about it and I was told to stay out of it so I did. Well that is until I moved into a different place. Not only is my brother with this 2 faced twit but he is also part of a gang. That actually doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that ever since he's been with her unless you're a member of the gang or dating one of the other members he's a jerk. And all of our mutral friends have told me the same thing if there not part of the gang. So about a week ago he pissed me off and I told him exactly what I was thinking. I called his girl a b**** and told him that he needed to grow up and see that she is a 2 faced liar and that he could do 100 times better than that. And haven't talked to him since. So my question is there a way to talk to him again? Or do I need to wait till he's ready to talk to me? :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Pretty much you are going to have to wait until he contacts you again because all that most probably happen now if you try to contact him is they are going to scream all defensively and call you nasty names and act all evil toward you and not let you say anything.
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

Jul 31, 2008, 12:16 PM
    I think you were well advised to -stay out of his love life- but you just couldn't do that, huh? Lol calling his girlfriend a B**** ouch, so now this has created an even larger gap between you and your brother.

I understand you want to see your brother with a good person but these are such delicate situations to try to maneuver... he'll be with whomever he pleases.
    You have to live with that, as you know there's no other choice but even more importantly than that You have to be cordial to his partner or if that's impossible keep your distance.

What do you want to say to him?
    You know your brother unlike any of us... so answer this question, How will your brother respond.

For example, my brother and I have always gotten into fights when we were younger. We're a little older now and don't fight at all but when we did... we gave each other space and forgot about the argument everything would be back to normal in no time.
    We basically never let a disagreement put a wedge in our relationship.
    So, I can confidently say if I crossed the line and said what you said to my brother... we'd keep our distance for a day of two, I'd apologize and he'd respectfully tell me to 'Stay out of his love life' and I'd begrudgingly do so. :)

So will your brother accept your call? Will he be willing to hear an apology from you (assuming that's what you want to do, to reconcile)? If so definetely call him and apologize.
    If not give him some space but I personally wouldn't let too much time past before I tried to reconcile with my brother (you never know what can happen, and you may miss out on the opportunity to do so)

Remember, You don't have to agree with each other's decisions or like each other's partners but you should be respectful of your brother's right to make his own decisions/mistakes.

Best Wishes
    SweetDee Posts: 534, Reputation: 51

Aug 3, 2008, 08:07 AM
    I would, (after all the drama that you've created by now since your last post on the topic) just wait for him to calm down and come to you on his own time. Maybe find a way (that you know would go over well), that indicates to him that you are receptive to talking to him again? Or just have patience... Let some "water under the bridge" happen, let time pass. Sometimes the best healer is TIME. He's your brother and because you both have that bond it's only a matter of time till you guys get back to normal. Are you not a member of the gang? Could that be the problem for him? Also, think about it... he really likes his girlfriend, anyone that talks smack about his girl is someone he'll face off with. Don't you think? He's protective of his girlfriend. I know you have his best interest at heart... but he doesn't see it that way right now...
    greeneyedbaby Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2008, 09:40 PM
    No I'm not a member of the gang. I used to be down for the gang, but some things went down that I wasn't to comfortable with so I kind of backed off. I guess that could be part of the issue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Can I marry my brother in laws brother? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone... im so confused my sister is married with a japanese guy but before getting married his brother and I wer in love wjth each other that we want to get married but my sister and his older brother got married earlier than us.. I want to know if we still can get married even his brother...

Pieces, Pieces Everywhere! [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all! I have a FeatherLite FL20 Weedeater. Yesterday I had to take it apart to unbind the pull start cord. I have never taken a weedeater apart. After the 157 screws to get the plastic cover parts off, I slid the engine off the shaft. When it cleared the shaft, a metal pin of some sort fell...

Sisters husband's brother relationship [ 1 Answers ]

Is my brother-in-law's brother also my brother-in-law. We are uncles of the same niece and was wondering what to refer to him by. No need to answer. I have received an answer from viewing others answers to a similar question.

Relationship to Brother-in-law [ 3 Answers ]

Is my husband's brother-in-law also my brother-in-law? What does it mean for a relative to be once removed?

View more questions Search