Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Steve23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 03:45 PM
    How get pregrant ?
    How long does it take to get pregrant when you get off Depo-Provera. What is the wait to can get pregrant or can I get pregrant wow am on the shot?
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 9, 2006, 03:57 PM
    Hi welcome to the forum please take a look at these links see if they help..

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1756.html

http://www.drspock.com/faq/0,1511,15470,00.html

I think you get the jab every 3mnths so you would probley need to skip it so on whilst you where trying and see if you can get the drug out of your body. I would ask you to go see your doctor as well before planing a family have a health check up, and they would be best to advice on how long it would take.

Hope all works out for you.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 12:09 PM
    I have been off the shot for 13 months now and am still not pregnant. I would not suggest the shot to anyone who is ever wishing to conceive. Its bad stuff.
    sarah11282 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

May 5, 2006, 12:54 PM
    Buggage Did you get your period back yet. I was on the shot and it took five months for mine to return, but I am not sexually active at the moment or wanting to get pregnant so not really sure if it has caused it to be harder for me to conceive or anything.
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

May 5, 2006, 02:15 PM
    When I went on it my doctor told me it could 18 months to 2 years before my body got back to normal in order for me to conceive. I ended up going to the doctor and got on fertility pills (Clomid) to speed up the process. It helped me get regular is all. After only two shots my body was totally screwed up for almost 2 years.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 03:24 PM
    That shot always sounds so nasty to me. To actually screw around wit hyour body chemistry?

What about an IUD?
    sarah11282 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

May 5, 2006, 04:18 PM
    Yes I think I will go for that next time I go for a contraceptive. The reason that I got the injection in the beginning was because I was so terrible at remembering to take the oral pill at a regular time every day!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2006, 09:33 PM
    Yeah that is why I got on the shot too. And also they told me it was one of the few things that would work while breastfeeding my son. SO I got on it. And just like aqua after only two shots I have been messed up ever since. I got off the shot because I didn't like the side effects. I never lost my period, in fact, I got them way more often. They lasted for 2 weeks and only had one week if that between them. I had terrible abdominal pains, and it hurt to do anything. It also effected my emotional state. I was in a constant pms state. AHHA not to mention I started to get anemic because of the constant periods. To this day I still have some abdominal pains and so forth. But its starting to get better. My periods are finally starting to get normally spaced again. I have my fingers crossed. I am going to stik with mircette from now on. Depo is being sued a lot right now. There are a ton of side effects. Infertility beause of way early menopause and osteoperosus, and suicidal tendencies, abdominal pain, and a TON of others. So please if anyone wants to take that, KNOW what you are getting into. I'll never do it again
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2006, 10:53 AM
    I still think the IUD is the best. You NOT F-ing with body chemistry. I've redwhere 1 in 100 get pregnant and a lot of those is because the physician inserted it wrong - they last 5 to 10 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search