Can you lactate but not be pregnant?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Apparently so, yes.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2008, 05:40 PM
    Yes... although pregnancy helps with boosting the hormones necessary for milk production. We had a nurse at one of the hospitals I work out of who prepared to breastfeed, in part, her adopted baby.
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Jul 24, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Yes you can, if you have a hormonal imbalance; specifically an over production of prolactin. I know this because when my cousin was 15 she was producing milk and had to go to the doctor. I am not sure what they did for her but it stopped.

I would get it checked out by a doctor if I were you, especially if you want to be have a baby some day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Pregnant cat [ 1 Answers ]

Hi mi cat got pregnant on the 16 of August and was wondering when she will have her kittens?

Am I pregnant again [ 1 Answers ]

ok so i have one child already and i never had the offical signs of pregnancy with him and i been tryin so hard to have another baby and since then i been feeling sick at my stomach alot headaches back aches often cravings i cramp alot too spotting lil bit , do you think its possible i could be...

View more questions Search