Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 20, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwtnu4
    know what sucks? when you have a dream about your ex, a good dream...and then u wake up and it seemed so real that its disappointing, just happened to me and a flood of memories just came back to me, argghhh...this isnt easy
    I had a small dream of me & my ex seeing each other past 2007 winter.... It's so frustrating cause she slept on MY bed and I'm now sleeping on it...

Times like this... I just want to drink some alcohol but there's none at my sisters' place and my mom is around... *sigh*
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

Jul 20, 2008, 09:48 AM
    Hey guys, it's been about 2.5 months but I broke NC. Not because I was weak, it was because I was annoyed and angry. However, I reverted back to it ASAP, I'm not going to keep track of the days because I know what I have to do.

Please read my updates so that I can use you're advice and feedback.
    Thanks
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 20, 2008, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spion_kop
    hey guys, it's been about 2.5 months but i broke NC. Not because i was weak, it was because i was annoyed and angry. However, I reverted back to it ASAP, I'm not gonna keep track of the days because I know what I have to do.

Please read my updates so that I can use you're advice and feedback.
    thanks
    It's all right.. I broke NC after a month of no talking... my ex is an assh0le now
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 20, 2008, 10:02 AM
    That's okay spion it is all about progress not perfection. Welcome back.
    spion_kop Posts: 48, Reputation: 9

Jul 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
    Yea I don't see it as a step back but rather a speed bump in the middle of a road where you slow down for a bit before you speed up once again.
    DazT Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 12:11 PM
    I broke N/C today after a very, very long time.. and not because I was weak, because I'm over my weakness. I am over my ex-girlfriend. Now you read my posts from a few months ago and you'll see from my writing that I was in quite some pain. Anyone that doubts N/C, please, please stay strong.. it does get better.

I broke N/C with my ex today because I told her to pick up her belongings that are still at my house (I've left them outside).. and told her to bring back my belongings (because I need them).

The secret to getting over your ex is to go to a different country, relax and chill out. You will see soooo many beautiful girls, meet lots of new people. It has really helped me.

N/C - is the way forward!
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DazT
    I broke N/C with my ex today because I told her to pick up her belongings that are still at my house (I've left them outside).. and told her to bring back my belongings (because I need them).
    I like how you wrote that. I "TOLD HER to pick up her stuff." You didn't beg, you didn't ask for another chance, you told her what she needed to do, and I'd bet money she was holding onto your stuff so that she could use to bring you back if she had to, but now she's got nothing. You got the last laugh in the end.
    DazT Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Yeah Chuff, and guess what she text me back?

She told me that she's not giving me back my old shirt because it reminds her of me! So I just said, "look, I really want it back, you have plenty of other things to remind you of me".

:D
    supernoeva Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Damn, can't believe I came across the thread. It's been 5 days since I stopped emailing or having any sort of contact with her. It's slowly breaking my heart to pieces. I keep wondering if she ever thinks of me and of our time together. We have been inseparable for 3 years and the memories keep on coming back to me. It's especially hard because I'm starting to pack up my stuff to move into a new place and I keep discovering little cards and love notes that she wrote to me. I can't believe this is happening. Anyway, I'd be lucky to even last one month with NC but I'm trying so hard.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jul 20, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Thanks for being there guys. I'm meant to be moving to America in a year after completing this year of education, but I was going to go in three weeks just to be away from him and her, however, your encouragement has made me a little stronger, and I'm not going to let him ruin my life x

Jul 20, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pwtnu4
    know what sucks? when you have a dream about your ex, a good dream...and then u wake up and it seemed so real that its disappointing, just happened to me and a flood of memories just came back to me, argghhh...this isnt easy
    I have the same dream about my ex every. Single. Night. Different things happen but the crux of it is the same, we argue, he realises how nasty he's been and we make up, never getting back together, but always good friends on the VERGE. I HATE waking up and realising it's not real.
    pwtnu4 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Boristheblade
    I have the same dream about my ex every. Single. Night. Different things happen but the crux of it is the same, we argue, he realises how nasty he's been and we make up, never getting back together, but always good friends on the VERGE. I HATE waking up and realising it's not real.
    Yea in my dream we got back together and everything was pretty much back to normal, I don't remember all the details just that I felt really good... and when I woke up and realized it wasn't real, I felt pretty crappy... that john mayer song is true
    losingit77 Posts: 105, Reputation: 31

Jul 20, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Ex called me again today, twice. That makes 5 times in the past week. I never answered any of them. Today he sent me a text that said "sometimes, i miss you :-'

Agh! Ofcourse you miss me, we were together for 4 years and you broke up with me 4 months ago. Duh? I know you "sometimes" miss me. What am I supposed to do about it? This breakup wasn't my choice, it was yours. There's nothing I can do to make it better!

Just had to vent. I really don't know what to do. I don't know that I'm ready for a stupid, awkward, "friendly" conversation. Sure, it'll make him feel better but I'm not sure how it'll make me feel.
    jaywave Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 03:32 PM
    With me its been a tennis game but the last couple of weeks she's been contacting me. It went 6 days of nothing. In that time her new boyfriend flew over from england (we're in ireland) to 'visit' for the weekend. 2 days after he left she asking me how I'm doing and do I want to see her. I shot her down... tramp! She's pissed now but this happened before a few weeks back. Will be a couple of days before I expect another text. We've only broke up 7 weeks! She cheated on holiday!
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 20, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by supernoeva
    Damn, can't believe I came across the thread. It's been 5 days since I stopped emailing or having any sort of contact with her. It's slowly breaking my heart to pieces. I keep wondering if she ever thinks of me and of our time together. We have been inseparable for 3 years and the memories keep on coming back to me. It's especially hard b/c I'm starting to pack up my stuff to move into a new place and I keep discovering little cards and love notes that she wrote to me. I can't believe this is happening. Anyways, I'd be lucky to even last one month with NC but I'm trying so hard.
    Supernova glad you are here. NC is a goal do not be too hard on yourself if it takes time to adjust to it. I, and I sure everybody else here will be pulling for you.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 20, 2008, 10:48 PM
    Hey Guys,

Im sure you don't remember me, but I was on here having problems with my ex-boyfriend and decided to give him another chance and take it slow... and just as I subconsciously predicted he burned me again.. and I dumped him for good..

So, this feels pretty crappy guys.. so now I'm back at square one with the healing, and I see a huge mountain ahead of me.. I know it will get better with time.. I just know that I feel horrible now.. I feel so much anger for him right now.. and I know it's not healthy to feel that way.. but I can't help it.. I hate life sometimes.. well thanks for listening guys...
    PsYcHoSiS Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 11:34 PM
    Uhh well it's been what.. *counts* 11 days without contact, I'm missing her like crazy.. But am starting to heal, she's not such a pre-dominant thought now. But I know she will be when I talk to her next, which will be Thursday.. =/ Am dreading it..

How can she expect us to remain friends when she never treated me like one, nor did she ever have any time for me when we were going out?. I would like to say that I have no regrets in life... But uhh, this is as close to a regret that I will get..

Well anyway, I've decided to spend more time with my family and my dog. Wasn't spending enough time with them to begin with.. So this break-up could serve as a wake up call..
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 07:44 AM
    plonak-
    I see a huge mountain ahead of me..
    See it as a challenge with a very rich reward awaiting you.

PsYcHoSIS-
    But I know she will be when I talk to her next, which will be Thursday.. =/ Am dreading it..
    Is canceling an option??

Jul 21, 2008, 09:46 AM
    The same dream again... lol. I'm feeling better though--ISH, it's beginning to sick in that I'm not meant to be with this boy, but my best friend he messaged her about me. I don't think I want to know what it says... should I? Or should I ask not to know? :S
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jul 21, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Do whatever you feel is best for you. I think your better off not knowing otherwise your mind will be reeling and thinking things that might not be true. Is it worth it?

I haven't had to ask, but I wouldn't have a problem asking people not to tell me about my ex if they were beginning to. Ignorance is bliss...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fitness Calendar [ 2 Answers ]

I figure that a lot of us here are working out, dieting, and exercising... so why not start a thread where people can discuss their success stories, what they ate, what they did, how long it took them, etc? I am a 22 year old college student (2 weeks left!) and at 5'8", I weighed 178 in December...

The NC Calendar [ 1499 Answers ]

I just had this idea after reading Mik's post. How about if we use this thread to count the NC days, all of us? Each one would mention how long he/she's been maintaining the NC period and how he/she feels with time. Maybe in some way this can help us all (including me)? This is my first...

Need Calendar Ideas [ 12 Answers ]

I'm not sure this is in the right spot, but it seemed appropriate. I make calendars at work for the various work stations (about 20). Each year I try to do a graphic that incorparates as many of the staff as I can. Last year I had a Christmas tree and the ornaments were their faces, for...

Calendar boys? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an obscure 80's or 90's movie about a swim team that has to make some money so they sell calendars?? It was a male calender that some friends put together and were selling at a school café ot something like that.

View more questions Search