Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steph86 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 5, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Why can I foresee where I'm going to live?
    A few years back I noticed that when I come to a new place I can feel if I'm going to return, if I'm going to live there, or if I will never visit the place again.

For example, after visiting one of the Canary Islands I could feel I was never going to return (even though I loved it there), when I came to New York for the first time I felt directly I was going to live there some time in the future, after spending a weekend in a city in Europe I could sense I was going to live there. A few months later I got a job in that same city and ended up spending 6 months there.

Also, later I visited another European city on my own. I was walking down a street. I was looking at other people, the sights, the street signs. When I came to the next crossing and read the street sign I started to feel really happy. I was smiling for no particular reason. My only thought was, I'm going to live here. I'm going to live here in the future. It's hard to explain the feeling, I could just feel it.

Fast forward 3 years. I try out online dating. I meet a guy living in this city, and it turns out he lives on that same street. Coincidence? After a few months of exchanging messages online he asks if I want to come and visit him.

Have you had any experiences like these? Or do you know someone who have?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 04:18 PM
    The same thing happens to me(outside of the fact that I know circumstances won't let it happen) Like I can be driving down a street and one house or something stands out every single time.

Like this one house always stood out on a rather busy road. Years later I got an antique blue velvet love seat from there.

One time I was selling stuff at a flea market. One of the other sellers stood out.
    I use to drive through this one sub division and out of all the houses ONE stood out like there was something familiar about it but I knew there wasn't.
    Years later I went to a neighborhood yard sale and it turned out the same lady from the flea market lived there.

There are lots of times that houses that stood out to me through the years I ended up doing some work for them, or ended up meeting them through friends and different weird coincidences.

Goes to show me that things really aren't coincidences.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Yes, it happens to me all of the time. It must be normal because sometimes I just have such a good feeling. Then the event happens and I remember that I was fore-warned that it would be happy.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jul 19, 2008, 03:57 PM
    You have a good sense of intuition. You can trust that inner voice that guides you about where to live (and potentially could guide you in other ways). But that doesn't make you its slave. If you have a strong feeling you will live in a place, but you can see that it is not in your best interest to follow the feeling at this time, then don't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's going to turn 16 and I'm going to turn 18 three days after is this illegal? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, Like the heading says. She's going to be 16 and I'm going to be 18 is this illegal to date. Are we able to do things like hug or kiss? Please help.

OK who's going to go 4 it? [ 86 Answers ]

Someone asked on Yahoo. And I thought it was a fun ? Describe yourself in one word (you can use words like too, the,. with it) Can you?

Is life going to get any better [ 8 Answers ]

So pretty much my life I think is at the low and I don't know if it can get any better I try so hard to be the best I can but nothing comes of it... all I want is to be happy and spend my days with a girl that I can treat like every girl dreams of being treated... but no matter what I do or maybe I...

Never going to happen [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 20 going on 21 and I have been sexualy active for 3 years. I have never been able to reach an orgasm with a man and it is getting really really frusterating. I can get there by myself and sex feels really good but it never progresses into an orgasm. I stay calm and try to relax but nothing...

I'm going to pay too much in taxes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 94 Nissan Sentra. The odometer shows 28 thousand miles but it sometimes quits working for anywhere from one to 150 miles. I know the former owner and am sure that the mileage is under 50 thousand. Anyway my problem is that I am in a profession where my mileage is tax deductible and with an...

View more questions Search