Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SCARBABE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Should I marry someone on drugs?
    IVE been with this person for 14 years, we are getting married finally but he can't seem to stop doing drugs what should I do?:confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 04:51 PM
    Either accept his drug addiction or move on. He hasn't stopped yet, so he probably won't stop soon, if ever.

He won't change for you, only for himself.

Good luck.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 05:08 PM
    You've been with him for 14 years and he never changes...
    I don't think he will...

Why don't have a fresh start.. with someone else...
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 05:13 PM
    No!Leave him! Find someone else who's a lot better. Don't wait for another neighborhood infant to reach high school and still on the same situation. Life is good to waste on s lost person.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2008, 08:49 AM
    If he has drugs as a mistress - you are always going to be second in his life. Either live with it or move on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 19, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Well first getting married ? My question is why have you stayed so long?
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Jul 19, 2008, 09:45 AM
    14 years is a long time. Don't know all the specifics about your relationship but seems like your prayers and desperation for marriage are finally being answered. You knew what he was doing for 14 years and have accepted it and he has no reason to change. Drugs cost money. Will you both have separate accounts... if not don't be surprised if bills aren't being paid 'cause unknowing to you the money was spent on the first priority in his life... drugs.

I am not saying it is OK to use drugs but if he has been taking care of the home,(financially and sexually) and don't try to get you to use them, he doesn't use them in the car... just in case you get pulled over and you have no children and no intentions of having any I guess there is no problem. Go for it. Don't think after marriage or wanting a child will stop him either.. he will promise but just to shut you up. In 14 years he was never given an ultimatum.

How important is marriage to you, are you over 35? It can't have anything to do with christianity because you have been together for a long time, so why does the drugs matter? Is it really the drugs that you are concerned about or or they underlying issues that we do not know about?

Basically he has no reason for him to change now and why should a piece of paper change anything as far as the relationship. In some places 14 years together is considered marriage. Good Luck.

"The decisions you make today you will have to live with tomorrow"
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2008, 01:32 PM
    14 years you know him by now most likely. He ISN'T going to change. So figure out if you can handle another 14 -30 yrs of what you have had by now.
    As BigS said you need to consider what kind of provider he will be too because many guys that do drugs will keep you broke and down and out.
    ONE precaution, I have noticed that many kids born to someone that does drugs (whether mom OR dad) seem to have a higher % of problems like ADHD and bi-polar.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 years and counting, to marry or not to marry [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years, is it time to get married?

I asked this 4 times before, but mabey now someone can anser? Was heard on Jack FM [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. So I have asked this a few times before because its really bugging me, and hopeully some one has an answer? Anyway, the lyrics are some what like.. Love, Love, Love is life nothing left to hide. Or something with the words Love and Life. o0h and the singer is a male and than it is...

Is it possible to Love someone but Like someone else? [ 2 Answers ]

Im so confused I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years now I really love him he's the sweetest, nicest guy ever. We do argue now and then for dumb stuff but then again all relationships are like that. My boyfriend is way older than me he's 5 years older than me but I really don't care about the age...

How 2 tell someone you like them but not like like them? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: One of my friends who is a girl has been coming on to be with flirts and other stuff like that... But I don't like like her I just like her as in a friend... what should I do:(

View more questions Search