Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 05:44 AM
    I don't know what's going on
    On Monday afternoon, around 2:30 pm, I started feeling nauseous and about an hour later, I vomited. On top of that I had diarreah. I vomited once more that night. On Tuesday, I slept most of the day. I felt queasy but nothing like I felt the day before.

So on Wednesday, I went back to work, feeling great but I lost my appetite. I tried eating but just wasn't hungry. That night, I bought some chicken noodle soup and jello. That went down good. I went to bed around 9:00 pm and woke up at 4:30 with the same nauseous feeling. I got up at 5:30 and almost vomited. I also had diarreah this morning.

I really don't know what's going on with me. Now I'm at work with a headache, nauseous, extremely tired and have absolutely no appetite.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 05:48 AM
    Is it possible you have the flu? Or maybe you're pregnant?

If it continues today - I would call your doctor just to get looked at and get some medication if needed.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 05:49 AM
    I am just getting over about 2 almost 3 weeks of flu, sounds a lot the same, I know at least 10 other people that all had it
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 05:56 AM
    If it is not flu or pregnant it could be a stomach virus. I have even gotten stomach virus' after having the flu
    I read that pumpkin is good for diarrhea so maybe try eating some pumpkin pie if it is still a problem.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Thank you everyone!

I wish I could eat some pumpkin pie but unfortunately I'm not hungry, at all. The thought of good foods makes me queasy.

My boyfriend got the same symptoms as me on Monday but he is already well and has been since Tuesday. It's strange how this 'sickness' decides to come back after a day.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Try drinking some gingerale.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:07 AM
    I am drinking ginger ale but here's the weird thing about this drink: I checked the ingredients and there is no ginger in it! OMG! Can you believe that?

What's also weird is that my stomach is growling for food but I have no appetitie. I'll nibble on some crackers.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Why would there be a stomach bug going around in the summer? I have never (atleast non that I can recall) had a stomach bug in the summer. Could it possible be the salmonella poisoning?
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Yeah I have been the same way You could try some citrus soda it might work better than the gingerale---like sprite or 7 up but even better if you can find it is Fresca or Squirt
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:20 AM
    N0help4u, you have had the same symptoms as me?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE
    Why would there be a stomach bug going around in the summer? I have never (atleast non that I can recall) had a stomach bug in the summer. Could it possible be the salmonella poisoning?

I looked this up because I wasn't sure exactly what the symptoms would be. Sad to say, a lot of what is going on with you could possibly be result of salmonella poisoning.
    It would not hurt to contact your doctor, either way, to get checked out.

I did read that normally no treatment is necessary unless the infection leaves the intestines, the "sickness" runs (normally) 5 to 7 days.

I would still get checked out. It could just be the flu.
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Years ago. Other than head colds I haven't been sick in about 7 yrs.
    I remember the stomach virus though and it does make your stomach growl and you can't eat. The soda helps settle your stomach somewhat though and helps keep you from dehydrating. I remember the one time when my daughter was a baby, I was nauseous and I drank some Sprite and it made me throw up but then I felt better and could eat again but most of the time it just settles my stomach.
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NowWhat
    I looked this up because I wasn't sure exactly what the symptoms would be. Sad to say, alot of what is going on with you could possibly be result of salmonella poisoning.
    It would not hurt to contact your doctor, either way, to get checked out.

I did read that normally no treatment is necessary unless the infection leaves the intestines, the "sickness" runs (normally) 5 to 7 days.

I would still get checked out. It could just be the flu.
    Hey NowWhat,

I did talk to a nurse where I live and she said that she hasn't gotten any cases of the salmonella poisining in a long time so I doubt it could be that. She did say that if it persists into the week end then I would have to go and see a doctor.

I too looked up symptoms of salmonella and they match to what I'm expierencing. Salmonella poisoning usually goes away with in a week or less.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search