Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeffatl Posts: 489, Reputation: 83

Apr 27, 2006, 03:32 PM
    Kind of off topic, but I figured you guys were the best to ask.
    It is my friends birthday tomorrow (girl). I want to get her something (not big) just a little "happy bday" gift. I have ZERO romantic interest in this girl, she is actually best friends with the girl I do like (awkward). I have known this girl for a LONG time, so its not our of the ordinary or anything. I just want to pick her up something without sending the wrong message, and without putting the girl I do like off. Should I get her something, nothing, what?
    kp42484 Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Apr 27, 2006, 03:52 PM
    How about a funny little card, expressing your friendship? I had a male friend that I also was not interested in (but we were good friends), and he got me a funny birthday card with Garfield on it (knowing I like cats). No harm done. It didn't scream "I want you (on your birthday)!", it expressed, "Hey! Happy Frickin' Birthday!" Do you know what I mean?

On second thought, this could depend on lots of variables that I don't know. Perhaps it's best to just say "happy birthday" and buy her a nice lunch? Food is always neutral (and appreciated!).
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2006, 06:55 PM
    To be on the safe side say happy birthday, Don't start no s**t, it won't be no s**t.:cool: :eek:
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Did this for a friend who was a girl...

Got her a big bag of m&m's, a 6 pack, and a movie I knew she'd like. Wrapped it up and labeled it something like "relaxation package" or something corny like that. Was a hit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

Can someone help me on this period topic! [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone help me ? I had my period for a full 7 days , it went away for a day then came back again. I have now had it for a full 17 days. I've been to the doctors , he suggested I go on a higher dosage pill and skip the sugar pill but this hasn't worked. My flow is regular so I have a feeling...

Dessertation topic [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. I m student of arch. 8th semister. I have to give my dessertation report on any topic.so anyone here can suggest me a topic??

View more questions Search