Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jamgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 07:19 AM
    How is a trial balance done?
    What are the entries to be posted in the trial balance?
    delite Posts: 202, Reputation: 3

Jul 14, 2008, 09:06 PM
    The t/b is a summary for a select period in time of the business activities. It will include all profit and loss accounts, assets and liabilities and capital. The result and purpose is to show the performance for that time selected to run the t/b. the accounts indicated above are actually closed out to earnings for the specific period of the t/b.immediately after the t/b the amount is reversed and continuity of business will go on.
    949 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 15, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Simple terms.

List all the accounts in the Ledger and input all the balances of each account on the right in Debit / Credit columns.
    Add the total of the columns to see if the CR and DR are equal to each other.
    If they don't equal, then your made a mistake somewhere.

e.g..

Dr. Cr.

Cash
    xxx
    a/r
    xxx
    Land
    xxx

Wages expense
    xxx

Total
    xxx xxx

You do nothing else. No thinking really.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting need assistance with adjusted trial balance, doesn't balance [ 3 Answers ]

1. Office supplies on hand at year end amounted to $ 420 2. The equipment costing $30,000 has an expected life of six years and no salvage value. Mike uses straight-line depreciation. 3. A premium of $ 1500 for a one year insurance policy was paid on November 1. 4. Wages earned by employees but...

Ledger, trial balance, balance sheet [ 5 Answers ]

hello, I have problem with my assignment. Can anyone help me with one question? I have to prepare journals, ledger, trial balance, profit and loss and balance sheet. Jan 6 Bought spare parts on credit 27000 cash sale 62500 Jan 7 charged Moji for repairs 5000 sold spare parts to Koba on...

Creating balance sheet from trial balance [ 10 Answers ]

I am having issues getting a balance sheet to come out right from the given data from a trial balance. Can anyone help me out with this? I have included a picture of what I am working on...

Trial Balance & Balance Sheets [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am using Microsoft Money to do my husband's small company's books (Canada) If it's a sole proprietorship, do I really need a trial balance and balance sheet? Thanks Jeanne

View more questions Search