Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dikely Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Interracial relations
    How do people feel about interracial relationships.
    bridgettemarie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 06:56 PM
    I personally feel that character takes pesidence over pigment. That's not to say that cultural issues won't arise but they should be dealt with as culture not color.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 07:15 PM
    If the two people can handle it, it's fine. I'm black and my boyfriend is white, sometimes people look and most of the time they don't. I don't care what people say or think and neither do he. The only thing we both care about is each other happiness. Where I live you see a lot of this and people really don't care. Sometimes when we travel, depending on where we go, people stare. When this happens we give them a show by showing affection toward one another, mostly kissing, and the look on some of their people faces are priceless and we just laught at them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Makes no difference. Couples that do it, have issues other couples don't have because of people of all races that have problems with it,
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 07:25 PM
    I think it's fine, the color of your skin shouldn't matter when it comes to love.
    Dikely Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 10:37 PM
    I posted the question and I think interracial relationships are off the chain I'm black and I love every race of girls as long as they fine (especially puerto rican girls and brazilian girls) um um UM!! I just wanted to see how every one else feels continue to respond.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Jun 13, 2008, 10:47 PM
    Race isn't an issue for me.
    But culture can cause problems. This isn't necessarily because of intolerance, it's just that cultures have a tendency to have different values and communicative styles, so trying to make a relationship work across cultures can be extremely difficult. But even with completely opposing cultural values and beliefs it's possible.
    But colour... who cares? I'm white and I have a thing for Asian boys. There's no race that I find unattractive, and I'd never let it hold me back.
    Some people find it hard to be attracted to people of certain racial groups, possibly because of a genetic preference, or possibly because of inbuilt psychological preferences.

If they want to limit their options it's up to them. But I'm happy to be surrounded by very colourful eye candy. :P

Kal
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jun 13, 2008, 10:51 PM
    It's unfortunate that some people think of themselves as superior due to the color of their skin. When it comes down to DNA, everyone came from the same place. Unless you are from another planet, we're all the same here when it comes to human characteristics.

Thumbs up to humanity!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 11:00 PM
    My boyfriend is of a different race than me and I love him more than anything. My family also likes him and his family is very good to me, so I don't see any problems with it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Just remember, we are all members of the human race, color is just that,
    A color, and personally I'm glad that we have lots of color in our world, imagine
    How boring it would be otherwise.

Love should be color blind. :)
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Jun 14, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Love should be color blind. :)
    That's a good way to put it :).

I am white. One of my ex-girlfriends was black. Colour doesn't make a difference in my life. I live in Toronto, one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world. Over 50% of the city is a visible minority! Its great. The food throughout the city is amazing:). Anyway, I got a little off track, I just love this city so much.
    When I would go out with my black girlfriend, we didn't get any looks at all. I don't even consider colour of skin when I talk and begin to fall for a girl, and I don't know anyone who does. I wouldn't want to socialize with a person like that anyway.

So I didn't feel any discrimination, being with my black ex. Maybe that's because I live in a major city. It would probably be different in a small town, where the majority of people are white.
    Cyprine Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2008, 08:46 PM
    I think there's nothing wrong with it.
    I've fallen for people of all types of race and color (white, indian, arab, black, hispanic, etc). Just when I think I ve defined the boundary of how far I "won't go beyond" or "wouldn't be my type"... soon enough I find myself attracted to someone precisely deying this new boundary. Its funny.
    Cyprine Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2008, 08:48 PM
    Typo in above post : I meant "defying"
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2008, 09:42 PM
    I love my boyfriend and he is black
    I always told my daughters that I would rather they go with a black guy if he is going to treat you like gold than a white guy that treats you rotten.
    So whether they are black or white or whatever if they beat on you or cheat on you THAT is the problem.

I really don't care for how some young girls go specifically after black guys like they are some sort of fad and they are obsessed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interracial dating [ 11 Answers ]

I am a country girl with a very prejudiced family. I met the man of my dreams at a bar and were together for almost a year. I am totally infactuated with him and his two kids but we recently broke off our relationship because I can't make the commitment to him to tell my family about him. He...

Interracial dating [ 11 Answers ]

I'm doing a paper on interracial dating and different religious beliefs on the topic... any help?? Thank you

Interracial dating [ 4 Answers ]

I am 17 years old. Soon I will be leaving home to college. My parents trust me and everything I do. They believe I will be succuessful and make good decisions. I have only dated black guys. I was in one relationship for 3 years and only "talk" to black guys that my parents know of. The one...

Interracial dating [ 4 Answers ]

I am a tall black woman and generally I get approached by white men because they are the ones that find me attractive. I guess because of my build and the fact that I am not your "typical black woman." I want to know why do people have a problem with me dating white men? I generally get the most...

Interracial dating [ 3 Answers ]

I'm doing a paper on interracial dating... what are the beliefs of this topic with buddhism? Thank you

View more questions Search