Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DCFC10 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Is she really over me?
    Hi guys,

I have been broken up with my ex of a year for 2 months now and the other day she told me that she likes someone else. She says that we are total opposite and we both have qualities better than others.
    The last month and a half I have been staying over at hers and she's stayed at mine. Slept together and kissed, cuddled like normal. She said that she wanted to get back with me a couple of times. When she said that she liked someone else I asked why she did all the above things and she returned with a reply of "she was confused" but now says its not worth fighting for her as she has made her decision. And that she is over me already.
    She says she just wants to have fun, but she is starting to see this guy more. What does it mean? Is she really over me and moved on with this guy? Is he a rebound? Could you guys and girls help me out please?

Much appreciated x
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 07:33 AM
    It means she has moved on, you are the past to her. Don't dwell on what might be or what could have been. All you know right now is that it's over, so act just as such. Don't call or have any contact with her and allow yourself to heal. Who cares if this guy is a rebound? She is with him, nothing you can do to change it. Cut her out of your life for your own sanity. Read the stickies on the first page for tips on how to get over her.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 07:41 AM
    It means that she does not want you she wants him but she is hanging on because she still has feelings and basically she is going to use you to wean off her feelings for you and then one day she is through. Your feelings don't count so don't feed into her stringing you along until she is over you emotionally.
    You need to be pro active and tell her YOU made your decision so stick with it.
    bradysmama17 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Awww. I'm sorry. I understand what your gong through. If she has found someone els then its time to move on, and I know that's not what you want to hear. But remember that there are plenty of fish in the sea.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 10:58 AM
    She had fun with you even after the break up, but now its over because she has found someone else to have fun with, but who knows? She may want to have fun with you again.

I advise you to be having your own fun, and let her have hers.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jul 9, 2008, 01:35 PM
    Again I'm giving advice from experience- dwelling and wondering WHY? Will just send you into further misery. Stop concentrating on her and what she's thinking, and concentrate on you and your healing, and like Talaniman says, your own fun. Sounds like this girl wouldn't be shy in letting you know if she really wanted you again, so if she does you'll know about it. You, however, should not be waiting on her and as already mentioned- need to concentrate in having your own fun.
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 9, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Hate to say it mate but she has moved on. You can survive this, I know it is hard.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 9, 2008, 03:49 PM
    This is not a 'rebound'. This is plain and simple calculation and manipulation. She kept you on the side until she was sure of the other dude's intentions and you were gullible enough to let her take advantage of you and keep your hopes up. She might have thought you were the right one at first, but has changed her mind and picked someone else - although being dishonest to you about it. She too will have to learn how to mature and stop treating men as tools to her benefit - because this is not a game. But, be glad that SHE is NOT your problem now and you should forget her, don't contact her anymore, and start your healing process.

You learned a lesson here dear, and I hope that it helps you pick the right girl in the future. If you have a feeling of being used and have lost trust in your partner - remember how this one went about it and be strong enough not to be used as a temporary harbor until the 'right ship' comes in from now on..

Don't let this bring you down or make you lose confidence in yourself because I promise you that you are not the first one this has happened to and you will not be the last. That's just cold hard facts of live.

Stay with us and we will help you heal and cope with it and regain your confidence and even get stronger so that you will not make the same mistake again.

Read the first four stickies in the Relationship section - they really help and show you that you are not alone...

So, stay with us and vent on here any time you feel you need to.

It no longer matters what SHE thinks... it's your turn to think about you and your happiness, so the sooner she's history, the better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search