Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Jul 8, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Lois lowry books
    I really liked "The Giver" and I was wondering if its' sequel "Gathering Blue" is as good of a book? Also I plan on reading the third book of the trilogy "The Messenger" ; is it better than "Gathering Blue"?

:)
    Lawngnomez Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 03:31 PM
    I think that they are all wonderful books. Personally, I thought The Giver and Messenger were the best, but you shouldn't skip any of them. If you like those, make sure to check out her other stuff, too.
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 10, 2008, 10:00 AM
    I remember reading Gathering Blue, yet I cannot recall what it is even about. I do remember that I very much enjoyed it, though!

Hope this helps... :)
    Lawngnomez Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by softbalgrl1331
    I remember reading Gathering Blue, yet I cannot recall what it is even about. I do remember that I very much enjoyed it, though!

Hope this helps... :)
    I think Gathering Blue was about the girl who learns to sew an befriends the boy who carves wooden things.
    softbalgrl1331 Posts: 157, Reputation: 10

Jul 10, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawngnomez
    I think Gathering Blue was about the girl who learns to sew an befriends the boy who carves wooden things.
    Oh yeah! And an elderly woman teaches the girl how to dye threads different colors in order to repair an old robe or something... well anyway that was a fabulous book!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old books [ 5 Answers ]

I have a few old books (100+yrs). Does anyone know any online valuers? Or somewhere for a rough estimate? I'm wondering if they're worth taking to a valuers or am I going to look silly? thanks moomin ;)

Use of e-books [ 1 Answers ]

What is an e-book and how to use it? I also need a list of some famous inspirational novels by well known authors.

Tell all books [ 1 Answers ]

I just read "If I did it" by O.J. Simpson and "The Otherman" about John F. Kennedy Jr. Carolyn Bessette, and Michael Bergin I really liked them both and I'm looking for suggestions to similar books-any good tell alls:)

Name of these two books [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sure these are children's books, at most teen books. The first book goes like this: Girl lives with her brother and her grandparents(I think) near a little town. The main character is a girl. She has a gift to talk to animals, and her brother has a gift that is unknown. She is a...

View more questions Search