Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AustProd6 Posts: 88, Reputation: 15

Jul 2, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Idea's on being Paid to Deliver your Break Up Message
    Ok,
    Now don't shoot me for this, JUST YET.

I was sitting this morning with my love of my life and we were talking about starting a business to deliver Break Up Messages. It was so simple it's brilliant.

When would you use such a service
    1. Delivered to a cheater you don't want to face again.
    2. A Violent Partner
    3. Emotional Abuser
    4. A Druggie Partner
    5. Delivered to a Narcisist
    6. Someone you don't want to deal with there lies
    7. Revenge
    8. Someone who you have just left and want to go no contact (Off the Planet)
    9. Anyone you no longer want any contact, but know you will be manipulated if they see or hear from them.
    10. From someone who is plain lazy to do it
    11. From someone who wants to dramatize it.
    12. From someone who wants to make it official so they get the message.
    13. From someone who doesn't want to send a text or Email.

The list is endless.

The idea is to
    1. Deliver the final message from you
    2. The reasons
    3. The request to no longer contact
    4. The legal repercussions of doing so.
    5. Maybe a "all the best in the future" message.
    6. A message on any further contact through a Solicitor of your choice.

It would be delivered with a package containing:
    1. Domestic Violence Leaflets
    2. Relevant information on where and when any belongings can be picked up from. (You not there if chosen but myself and a Family Member).
    3. Your Solicitor Information.
    4. Leaflets on Councilling services
    And a lot more

Ok what do you think.
    sokay Posts: 142, Reputation: 14

Jul 2, 2008, 06:35 PM
    In some circumstances, this actually might be a good idea, but it also sounds potentially dangerous! For you and your mate!

Edit: I know it's serious-- but it's also kind of funny re: the DV Leaflets, etc.

Jul 3, 2008, 02:13 AM
    Sokay: Think about it a little bit, by the time you introduced yourself, told him/her why you talking to them, warned them of the legal remifications of contacting the departed, they would be so shell shocked, it wouldn't sink in until you were 5 miles away and never seen again.
    I was in a robbery 15 years ago, by the time I had been hit in the head with a rifle butt, opened the safe and they had gone, it was about 10 minutes before it sunk in what had happened.
    Same thing.
    The only time I would feel nervious would be delivering it to a Hell's Angle at there club house. I wouldn't worry about the dumpee, just the 30 other Hell's Angles who would realise what was going on.
    How many cowardly people are there that haven't got the balls to do it themselves?

Best way if they were abusive or you didn't want to here there lies to get you back.
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 3, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Sounds original. I would probably use it if I hated my boyfriend. It would leave them gutted/aware. But be careful, there are real nutcases out there lol.

Jul 3, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Few Break up because they Love there Partner.
    Thanks Distantlove.
    Nutcases, yes all the more reason for someone else to do the dirty work.
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jul 3, 2008, 05:06 AM
    No problem. You should make a survey/questionnaire or something to get peoples opinions and thoughts and how many people think it's a good idea etc. :) it's a starting point.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 05:32 AM
    When I was reading this post the first thing that came to mind was that T-mobile commercial with the singing telegram. That thing was HILARIOUS!!

On the topic, I think it's a good idea in a way but could have negative results. One of them being, if the guy goes and tells the other guy that his girlfriend is breaking up with him. You then become looked at as his replacement, and that will more than likely end up with someone bloody.
    Kitty1978 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jul 3, 2008, 11:27 AM
    You may get bounced so be careful :D

Jul 3, 2008, 08:32 PM
    It's a bit of shock and aw. I estimate it would take about 5 minues and before he or she knows what just happened I'd be long gone.
    More importantly, I am 44. FOr some reason and I think it's because its my age, There is that respect for elders thing (generally).
    My partner said she'd do it as well.
    Kitty1978 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Jul 4, 2008, 02:03 AM
    How about killing an ex? That's the best thing to do so that moving on would be quicker! That's what a psychologist told me! Haha:D

"hey guys dont do that, it was a joke, but its true :P"

Jul 4, 2008, 03:55 AM
    You'd need to call "Dial A Pyschopath" for that service
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2008, 06:01 AM
    It would be like serving someone with a subpoena. By the time they realize what it's your be gone like you said. I believe people would use this service because there's weirder stuff out there that people waste their money on. It might take time to get clients but once you start to get them, their keep rolling in. You already knows the risk, and are willing to take them, so now you've to put the idea to use. Also, have you done reserch to find out are there other people that does this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Charge enough for a dental plan, and 401k.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2008, 07:48 AM
    I'd hate to throw this in your face, but I think I've seen some people on craigslist offering to do this...

However, if you started a nationwide deal, now, that's another thing.

How about you incorporate a singing bear-a-gram... that in the end, spits on you or punches you and runs?

Jul 5, 2008, 12:49 AM
    As I am in Australia, have no idea what graigslist is. Will Google it later
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 5, 2008, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty1978
    how about killing an ex? thats the best thing to do so that moving on would be quicker! thats what a psychologist told me! haha:D

"hey guys dont do that, it was a joke, but its true :P"
    Kitty, I'd get my money back and report him/her to the Psychology Board ASAP.

Initially, I was a little shocked because I think that face-to-face break is the best under normal circumstances. But, you do have a point with the 'crazies'.

And, there are other professions i.e. Police, Bounty-hunters, process servers, etc that also get a blue eye or worse. I would certainly get good health insurance before starting on this potentially dangerous venture.. but as you said.. sometimes somebody's got to do it.

I would also include some strong 'bouncer' type employees to balance your chances.

Good luck dear.. and stay safe!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washington, Seattle paid $875.00 to break lease and now they want $800.00 more [ 4 Answers ]

They want $800.00 in rent concession. I have proof I paid them $875.00 to break the lease. I left them my $150.00 deposite. They have now turned me into collection, called a lawyer and have called my boss, my mom, etc. It has only been 2 months. The collection agency wrote me a letter and...

Any Idea's? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister married a guy who had two kids with his ex-wife. He won full custody of both kids. By the final court date, the ex knew she was going to loose her kids and so she split with them and changed her name. Law's make it impossible for the police to just look up her SIN even though she is now a...

Any idea's for mod's on a MGZR (rover) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys, I don't know if in america you guys have these cars.. Anyway, if you do all idea's are welcome. I have a 03 reg MGZR and want to play about with it. At the moment its standard apart from a new exhaust and an air filter. Its black and has 17" multi spoke alloys. People have said get...

Deliver me from hell [ 1 Answers ]

What is the standard treatment for hepatitis. What is hepatitis c? How do I know if I have hepatitis. How does one get hepatitis c? Can it kill me?

Ticks in between toes... Any Idea's? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 dogs. A 2yr old Staffy X and a 6 month labrador X. I constantly have to pull litrally hundreds of ticks out from in between their toes and the bottom of their feet. Every time I do this it eally upsets me as I feel like I am not helping them to stop it from happening. I have tried Garlic...

View more questions Search