Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:28 AM
    Bush Likely to Bomb Iran
    ... before the election,. today per talking heads. Well, well, bombing Iran will likely cause retaliation against the United States, don't you think?? Anything to help McBush get elected President. No doubt now that Johnny is a puppet of the Republican powers that be; McBush is so old and confused that he has surrendered his integrity just so he can be elected.

Is the Republican brand so decimated that they will resort to this kind of mayhem before the election?

The answer is yes.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Listening to the gospel of Seymore Hersh again ?
    I'm hearing different drumbeats ;drumbeats I am not happy about

The U.S. State Department has leaked word of the possibility of the U.S. opening a diplomatic interests section in Iran, Stratfor reported June 25. “
    So, a week after word was leaked to the New York Times of Israeli maneuvers in preparation for a possible air strike on Iran, the administration has opened a diplomatic door.

Rather than confront Iran, it appears the United States has chosen to appease it.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Just let Iran and Israel fight it out.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:41 AM
    By the way Intelligence documents have confirmed that Iran was working toward the production of weapons-grade plutonium in Syria at the time Israel destroyed a nuke plant there in September.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:43 AM
    I read about that over the weekend. Probably true, but doesn't void any violence against Iran.

Bush is going to be just like his father who started an unpleasant and hopeless situation in Somalia *just before* he left office just to give Clinton a big headache upon entering office.

BOMB BOMB BOMB
    BOMB BOMB IRAN!

The American people will see right through this bit of mayhem should Bush go all psycho again.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Bush can't "go psycho" and bomb Iran.

He can't do anything without it being approved by Congress.

You think he can just call up some Captain on an aircraft carrier and tell them to launch a few patriots on Iran?

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Besides, Israel is going to take care of that problem anyway.

Our problem will be in what happens after Israel blows their butts up.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    Besides, Israel is going to take care of that problem anyway.

Our problem will be in what happens after Israel blows their butts up.
    What problem?
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950
    What problem?
    Russia, China, and anyone else who feels the need to come to the aid of Iran.

If that happens, you can bet that we will end up right in the middle of it.

And by the time it is all over, everything else on this earth will be all over too.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    Russia, China ...And by the time it is all over, everything else on this earth will be all over too.
    You're worrying too much.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 12:31 PM
    I see the left still has an aversion to fear mongering as a political tactic. :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Progunner,

You sound like a wild-eyed mad man. And, clueless! :D
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Progunner,

You sound like a wild-eyed mad man. And, clueless! :D
    Yep, that's me, wild eyed, clinging to my guns and lack of religion.

I'll be you think that 900 mile military exercise a few weeks ago, was just to make sure that the pilot's still knew how to fly, don't you.

Yeah, it's nothing to worry about, Israel would NEVER bomb another nation working on nuclear weapons now, would they??
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jun 30, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Israel has no options if it wants to exist. If intelligence shows that Iran is nearing nuclear capability, along with the means to deliver it, it is either strike or perish for Israel. Nothing is more certain that Israel will survive. It is written the Book (believe it or not) and the USA has traditionally been Israel's supporter. I doubt Israel will publicly ask permission before striking. As Pro believes, what happens next is unclear, but it probably won't be pleasant. It won't make a dimes worth of difference who is in the White House either.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2008, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Galveston1
    Israel has no options if it wants to exist. If intelligence shows that Iran is nearing nuclear capability, along with the means to deliver it...It won't make a dimes worth of difference who is in the White House either.
    This is exactly right, in my view. Just think about who you would want in the Oval Office when all hell is breaking loose: Obama, the candidate of change; or McCain, a trained, military professional? (btw, I don't believe there is any other power on the planet that wants to tangle with the U.S. so as I said to Pro, don't spend a lot of time worrying about it).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Bomb Catching Game. [ 1 Answers ]

What's the name of the PC game where you have to catch falling bombs from a guy dressed in a convict suit. The bombs are thrown slowly at first but get progressively faster the more levels you pass.

She dropped a big bomb [ 9 Answers ]

Ok.. so in November of 2006 I was driving my boyfriends car and I backed into my friends car. That night we talked about it and decided that I was going to pay for it when they figured out a price. About a week later I asked my friend about the damage and didn't get a response so I went about my...

Atomic bomb [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am writing a paper for a class and need to know who it was that made the atomic bomb and then later stated that he regreted it?

Bug bomb fumes in my apartment [ 3 Answers ]

My land lord set off flea bombs in the apartment below us and all the fumes and gases from them started to come upstairs into my apartment and they are very toxic to humans and to my pets,:eek: They did not give me any notice that they were going to do so and I wanted to know if I have any grounds...

View more questions Search