Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oOLadyOo Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Does my son need medication?
    I have a 10-year old son who was diagnosed with ADHS a year ago. The first thing the therapist suggested was medicating him. The main thing with him is that he can't stay focused on his work at school or homework. He constantly figits and his mind is in la-la land. When he is focused he does extremely well but I have to sit with him like he's 3 to keep him focused. Should I put him on medication during the school year or just keep working with him like I've been doing? And what changes would he go through when he's not medicated if I decide to go there?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2008, 11:52 AM
    You should also study up on things you can do and try them if you do not want to start him on meds. IF he still is having problems when he gets back to school they could insist that he be medicated.

Read
    The Crazymakers by Carol Simontachhi
    And Brain Allergies by Dr Philpott

Cut him off ALL junk food and preservatives possible.
    Give him omega fatty acid like this OmegaBrite | OmegaBright: 100% natural, advanced Omega-3 formula

Also some people swear by this Hyperactive Children - Homeopathic Remedy for Hyperactivity

If and when you give him a prescription medicine it would be given so he is always medicated.
    If after awhile he seems like the meds aren't working you need to take him back to the dr for re evaluation
    And they will up the dose or switch him to something else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Medication getting in the way? [ 8 Answers ]

I've been taking some anxiety medication and its been really hard for me to reach my peak in bed. Its getting very frustrating to my boyfriend & myself. Usually I enjoy sex more than my boyfriend, and am practically begging for it.. but lately I think I'm just having sex out of habit, I find my...

Medication KCK what is it for [ 1 Answers ]

What is the medication KCL used for

How to get off medication [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out how to taper off Wellbutrin medication.

Medication [ 3 Answers ]

Information about QD ALL which was prescribed for allergies.:D

What is the name of this medication? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a small, rectangular shaped pill, light orange, with a v shape at the bottom. I was told it is a muscle relaxant. Thank you for your assistance.

View more questions Search