Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxrangerxx Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jun 27, 2008, 11:23 AM
    POL..

It's just got to come naturally. If you do things to "spite" someone else that's not natural, and like we've all been saying, bad news. I'm only a year out of college so I still remember what it was like for me when me and my girlfriend in college broke up. She hurt me pretty good but instead of dwelling on it, I just did what any other college student did. I went out, had fun with my friends, and just enjoyed the ride.

I went to Penn State so it was easy to not have to see my ex and having that NC was wonderful. I eventually started feeling good about myself, and I was once again able to meet new girls and not have any feelings towards my ex.

SOMETIMES you and an ex can go a while without seeing each other, get back together and things could be different. But beware... if this happens down the road proceed with caution. You may end up in in another sticky situation... take it from me because I did just that. I got back together with my ex after college thinking that she was mature and got her BS out of her system, only to be hurt the same way she hurt me the first time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 27, 2008, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pol5019
    i think we ned to date other people so we can see how awesome we really were together. i guess sometimes u need to break up to make sure that person is right for you=/
    Until you accept what your going through, and cope with your loss in a positive way, any thing you do will be driven by hurt emotions, and false hope, that will lead you to more misery, and pain than your in now.

Healing, and seeing things in a realistic way, will better help any future decisions you make for yourself, and others. Now you can surly try it your way, that's your choice, but don't expect any positive results, unless you get the facts and learn to cope with your own feelings. All of us here had to go through the same process of growing, and learning..
    pol5019 Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2008, 11:16 AM
    OK now I have john mayer tickets that I got for me and her when we were still dating. We haven't talked at all and its been a week. I have both tickets, and the concert is on July 9. so I guess it would be a bad idea to go as friends? Cause, there are no hard feelings anymore, we are just trying to get out of that awkward stage. If we are friens by that time, do you think it's a good idea to take her? Should I ask her for the money? And thanks for the advice everyone, it really did help. Its hard but I'm moving on with the next chapter of my life=]
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Taking her will make you miserable trust me. Doesn't matter if you have a great time or not, it will make you miss what you have lost.

Me, I get another date, or
    Sell the tickets

Anything but take her. Your right, I don't believe your over this, but just want someone to agree that taking her to the concert is a great idea. ITS NOT!!

Jun 30, 2008, 01:57 PM
    I won't sell the tickets cause I love john mayer but ill try and bring someone else I guess.

On another note, I can't seem to forget all the good times we had, and its crowding my brain. I most deff don't want to forget her or the memories, but I do want to move on cause she broke my heart, so I just don't know how to keep those special times with me forever, but at the same time not miss her
    Expert

Jun 30, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Time, and enjoying your life will fix you right up! What do you think us old folks do, when we are sitting on the porch, reliving all those good times, and the people we shared them with.

Jul 6, 2008, 02:41 PM
    My ex has her grad party next Friday. Her mom texted me two days ago asking me how I was doing, and saying her and her husband missed me around their house. She also said how she hopes to see me a the grad party. Now my ex and I have had some contact but nothing really major. I'm not sure what I should do about going to the party or not.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 6, 2008, 03:35 PM
    my ex has her grad party next friday. her mom texted me two days ago asking me how i was doing, and saying her and her husband missed me around their house. she also said how she hopes to see me a the grad party. now my ex and i have had some contact but nothing realy major. im not sure what i should do about going to the party or not.
    No... party with YOUR FRIENDS

I am in the same boat as you. If not, even longer. I was dating my girlfriend (now ex) of one year four months. 2 weeks prior to university finals and 2 days before her high school graduation, she dumps me and tells me that she does not have feelings for me anymore. From that day on, it's just hard to live cause we made love (had sex) multiple times. Now, I'm out and not really looking to date. As a matter of fact, I am confused on either relationship & sex or just casual sex with different girls.

Regardless, I am focusing my mind on passing English at community college and going to advanced training school for a medical career. Not to be a show off, but if I pass advanced training school with a certificate, I may end up earning 15k-30k/year (speaking from a 19 turning 20 year old student). Just do what you need to do...

Jul 7, 2008, 01:42 PM
    hjpan thanks for that advice, but like I'm missing the sex a lot, and how did u get over that. I don't want to just go out and have sexual relations with some random girl. To me its special, and my ex was a special girl. And I'm having a hard time getting over all the memories we had, cause we had a ton. Also I miss her family! We went away together on skiing trips so we bonded a lot. I don't know its been two weeks and its still hard. The only goood thing I have donw recently is not contact her at all in the past two weeks. Which is good cause she wanted space.
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Pol, your asking the right guy the right question, LOL, as you two could really be twins.

Jul 7, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Uh was that sarcasm?
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 08:57 PM
    uh was that sarcasm?
    Not at all as he is dealing with the same things. Read his post, and see if you two have something in common.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...st-230736.html

Jul 7, 2008, 09:23 PM
    No we totally do I just didn't know what u meant by it.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 09:34 PM
    He meant that they two of you are in similar situations...

Jul 7, 2008, 09:49 PM
    Yeah I got that now
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 7, 2008, 11:06 PM
    hjpan thanks for that advice, but like im missing the sex alot, and how did u get over that. i dont wanna just go out and have sexual relations with some random girl. to me its special, and my ex was a special girl. and im having a hard time getting over all the memories we had, cause we had a ton. also i miss her family!! we went away together on skiing trips so we bonded alot. idk its been two weeks and its still hard. the only goood thing i have donw recently is not contact her at all in the past two weeks. which is good cause she wanted space.
    Well, that is also a issue I am having. I don't know if I want casual or relationship sex. I am in the same boat as you; my ex was a virgin and so was I... it was very enjoyful when we did it together but how I got over that? The best way is to not let your brain control you.. basically, focus your mind on other stuff besides sex. Sure, genetics and evolution have described human beings, especially males, as sexual beings and females as emotional beings...

I have been told BY GIRLS, both online (including AMHD) and in real life, that they'd date guys and have sex under multiple conditions. One of which is NOT TO BE PROMISCUOUS.

It's easy to say, but you have to motivate your brain to think others besides sex. For me (as a college student), there are some hot girls on campus but I say to myself "is it worth the trouble just to have 5-10mins of pleasure (considering just insertion)?" or "what's more important? Education, money, & good career or different girls every day/night or week?"

Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 05:17 AM
    HJ, I am proud of you... Before you wanted to sleep around and now you see the bigger picture. I hope that more people who go through break ups and the "withdrawal" from sex can learn from your story.

As for Pol, take time to heal pal. You are missing the companionship of your ex, which is totally understandable. Don't go out and look for random nights of companionship because you will just feel cheap and used the next day. Not that I think you would go that route but just fair warning.

Jul 8, 2008, 06:25 AM
    yeah I don't think I could ever bring myselff to go out on random nights to do random things. I'm still having trouble with the memories, I can't seem to get them out of my head. I don't want to forget the good times, I want to cherish them, but latley that's all I can think about
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

Jul 8, 2008, 06:56 AM
    As far as the talk about missing the sexual part of the relationship - it is a memory just like any other memory of your relationship. It will fade just as all of the other missed memories have faded. Someday you will find someone again and you will be able to make all new memories.

It might be a tough memory to deal with, but it will fade in time.

Jul 8, 2008, 07:00 AM
    The thing is I don't want the memories to fade. Of course I want to move on with my life and date someone new but I don't want to forget these memories. I mean, we dated all senior year of higgh school, ran for prom king and queen together. To me that's a lot of special moments of my life I shared with her. I'm sure in the grand story of my life, they will be trivial but right now it doesn't matter. I can't get my mind off the image of me and her

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dumped for your best friend or dumped for your best enemY? [ 10 Answers ]

Which is worse and why?:(

Why am I always getting dumped? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been married three times. The first was when I was 22yrs old, young, thought I knew what I wanted, but the day of the wedding I cried. I was separated within six months and divorce final within 1.5 yrs. Sad part - he was always cheating on me and I took physical and mental abuse. I...

If you get dumped make sure they feel dumped. [ 76 Answers ]

CAN YOU WIN HER BACK? NO action required. It's only her that determines that... the less you do. The more you do. ReallyIf everyone here followed this maybe more would find they do get there ex back!! And maybe even more will find out that they won't be coming back a lot more quick than...

Got dumped [ 4 Answers ]

Well guys I got dumped by a girl that I really was in love with and it sucks. We shared so many information with each other and just today she said that am a fake and doesn't care about me anymore and well this hurts. Well this women was 33 yrs old and am only 24 so maybe we had many different...

Dumped [ 5 Answers ]

My girlfriend after a year of dating just got up and left one day. We lived together for almost that whole time and were talking about getting married. I simply don't understand what happened. I was blind sided? How do I handle it?

View more questions Search