Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcd_73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 07:26 PM
    Girl I like is now dating my friend
    I really like this girl, actually love, who is a good friend of mine.
    The only problem is that another friend of mine (who I introduced) has started going out with her recently.
    They started going out after I had already told my friend that I really liked this girl, which really pisses me off.

I have never gone out with her, only some flirting and we usually stay together when we are in a big group.
    She actually asked me how I felt about it after about a week of not telling anyone, even though we weren't a couple
    Also I was the first person she told, does this mean she was concerned for me, or even likes me more than I had first thought?

Also we were flirting with each other for a while, and its clear we had a connection, but now my friend went behind my back and knew how I felt, I no longer consider this person my friend and I am willing to do anything to be with this girl.

I'm not sure whether I should:
    1) tell this girl how I feel, plainly and simply
    2) be a good friend to the girl, and continue to see her
    3) forget about her (this one I really don't want to do)
    Or any other suggestions would be appreciated

Please help, thanks

Oh and another thing, we do the same classes so I don't want it to be weird when I see her all the time

I really like this girl, actually love, who is a good friend of mine.
    The only problem is that another friend of mine (who I introduced) has started going out with her recently.
    They started going out after I had already told my friend that I really liked this girl, which really pisses me off.

I have never gone out with her, only some flirting and we usually stay together when we are in a big group.
    She actually asked me how I felt about it after about a week of not telling anyone, even though we weren't a couple
    Also I was the first person she told, does this mean she was concerned for me, or even likes me more than I had first thought?

Also we were flirting with each other for a while, and its clear we had a connection, but now my friend went behind my back and knew how I felt, I no longer consider this person my friend and I am willing to do anything to be with this girl.

I'm not sure whether I should:
    1) tell this girl how I feel, plainly and simply
    2) be a good friend to the girl, and continue to see her
    3) forget about her (this one I really don't want to do)
    Or any other suggestions would be appreciated

Please help, thanks

Oh and another thing, we do the same classes so I don't want it to be weird when I see her all the time
    IM4U Posts: 156, Reputation: 16

Jun 25, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Which approach is going to most nearly resolve the matter for you?

If the girl related to you as just a friend, is that because she did not know how you felt about her? If so, and if you can handle whatever response you might get, you can still tell her how you felt.

If both of you want to continue as friends, what is wrong with that? That may be difficult for you, though. You may find it needful to "move on."

After re-reading part of what you said, I think I would want a conversation with her to try to really get some clarity in my head about who we are and want to be with each other.

It would be well to part on a friendly and not hostile basis if parting is what needs to happen.

Again without hostility, you might want to clear the air with this other guy if you think both of you considered each other as good friends and if it seems like he "moved in on you."

I hope that conversation can take place without slamming each other also.

Disclaimer: These comments represent the views and opinions of the writer and are not provided or intended for use as within a professional-client relationship. Anyone applying these concepts to a life situation assumes sole responsibility for the results of doing so.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2008, 07:54 PM
    U may just tell her that u like ever since her but since ur friend creeped behind you and it worked, u'll respect it. Then vanish.....
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2008, 05:52 PM
    ive answered this before.... Ok got to option 1. Because she's now your friend's GF. No matter how that friend of yours got her, its still nice to be gentleman.
    mcd_73 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 06:55 PM
    Yeah but hardly anyone else did so its here again
    xxrangerxx Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Jun 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Honestly.. it sounds to me like you dropped the ball on this one... lesson learned.

She was probably waiting for YOU to make a move or to make the effort to maybe start something with her, and you didn't. From reading your post you say you introduced her to a friend of yours and he made the move that you couldn't. Don't take out your frustrations by befriending him for it.

Do yourself a favor and just let things be. Continue to be friends with these people. I mean lets be honest, you weren't dating the girl so in my opinion he really didn't break and boundries. And also, now that they are dating, don't all of a sudden tell this girl your true feelings. All that will do is make her wonder why you took so long to say it, and why you'd choose to do it while she was dating someone.

As I stated earlier.. take this as a lesson learned. Don't wait around for things to happen... MAKE them happen
    sokay Posts: 142, Reputation: 14

Jun 26, 2008, 10:31 PM
    I would go with option '1'. Do it casually, but make sure you get your point across, and see if you can get some sort of response from her.

But with the caveat that you must also tell her (truthfully) that whatever else you will still be friends with all. That is for your benefit as well as hers; if you change your attitude to a negative one towards her or him, it will make you look bad. If you must stop hanging out with them, try not to let them know it's because of their relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Option 1, tell her how you feel, and if she doesn't feel the same, then you bow out gracefully, and pursue other interests, and be polite and friendly when you see her. You said she is dating your friend, but what kind of relationship do they have??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Posts merged
    tami1985 Posts: 17, Reputation: 5

Jun 28, 2008, 01:56 PM
    Option 1. If you picked up that you and her had a connection, than she was probably waiting for you to make your move, but your didn't. Since your friend and her have only started to go out and she even asked you how to felt. Answer honestly and if she feels the same way you would be giving her and you a chance. I don't think there is any better option
    bendyt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2010, 11:47 AM
    Hey, dude, I'm in exactly the same situation as you. In fact, it happenedlast week, here's what I've done: 1. I've explained that if this guy does anything at all to hurt her, I will **** him up so bad. 2. I am trying to stay friends with her, it isn't easy, but I don't want to sacrifice the friendship I have with her.
    This stuff may or may not work for you, its just me. By the way, this friend, is he really a friend? I don't think so. Anyway good luck and, you're not alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I like a girl but she is dating my best friend [ 4 Answers ]

I like this girl and I have dated her 2 years ago and it didn't really work out. Since then I have gotten really close to her. Me and her have gotten to be the best of friends, but my best guy friend is dating her and I don't want to break them up. I really like her but what should I do.

17 yer old boy 14 year old girl dating? [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I'm a 17 year old male turing 18 in three months and I'm dating a 14 year old freshmen girl turning 15 in 2 months, I was wondering weather an intamate relationship is out of the questions? For example kissing, holding hands the works I understand the age of consent in Washington is 16 and...

Guys what do you like from the girl your dating? [ 8 Answers ]

Im just curious... what do you guys like from the girl your dating? When your at work, do you like your girl to send you a cute text just telling you that she loves you stuff? And when you and your girl are talking on the phone.. what would you be interested in talking to her about? And what...

Is dating a girl wrong? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I have always been the crazy type to try everything at least once I have been with girls before but nothing serious. I currently have two kids and have been in bad relationships nothing abusive but just not happy ones. Lately I have really been thinking about this girl I know or just...

Dating a friend [ 5 Answers ]

Im 15 yrs old and I really like this girl at church and want to go out with her . I don't know if I should ask her out because she is 16. Also it had been easy asking out previous gf's but now I can't even think how to askthis girl out she is so awsome Please help me:confused: ...

View more questions Search