Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deuce Rider Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Looking for best playground surface
    I just finished boxing in and leveling off a 32'x16' area upon which I am going to erect a swingset for my kids. I'm currently trying to decide on the surface material. I've pretty much ruled out pebbles, sand, and rubber mulch. I have been leaning toward "double cut" wood chips; however, I'm having a hard time locating anyone that carries them. I've been looking for bulk purchase, since I'm needing about 9-10 yards. Are there other options that I'm missing? Or another "name" I should be referring to when inquiring? Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 04:46 PM
    The rubber mulch is really great is there a reason you don't want it?
    Deuce Rider Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Cost is the primary reason that I've ruled out Rubber Mulch. I've also read some "opinions" that report "Hot Rubber Smell" during hot, sunny days. But, again, cost is my primary issue with it.
    Mulchmaster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Playground chips are ideal for any play area. It is recommended that you have 12 inches of chips to absorb any impacts. You want to find a clean softwood chips (pine or cedar) that is fresh and not a treated recycled wood. Ask if they meet the ASTM standard for playground surfaces and ask if they have the certificate to show you, this way you will know they are safe for your children to play on. Depending on how much you need... look up a local mulch manufacture who may produce them or a company that sells playground equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surface area [ 3 Answers ]

What is the surface area of a triangular prism? Length = 6 Width = 4 Height = 10

Hot surface ignitor [ 1 Answers ]

What would cause a hot surface ignitor to explode?

Surface Tension [ 1 Answers ]

Two soap bubbles one smaller and other bigger in size are formed at the two open ends of a tube with the valve initially closed. What will happen when the valve is opened?

Playground slide recall [ 6 Answers ]

There has been a recall on certain types of slides found on playgrounds that were recently found to be dangerous. Children playing on them have reported cuts and abrasions. If you see this at a playground near you, do not let your children play on it.

Surface Areas [ 1 Answers ]

How do you do Surface Areas in Geometry?

View more questions Search