Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Paddy G Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 09:44 PM
    5 day pay or vacate notice
    Does anyone have exact verbage to deliver a 5 day pay or vacate notice.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2008, 07:29 AM
    Hello Paddy:

There is NO exact verbiage. You can write the words exactly as you did on a napkin if you wish. How it's DELIVERED is important, though. I'd hand deliver one copy of my napkin and send the other napkin by certified mail, return receipt requested.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 18, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Check with your local courts. They may have some recommend verbiage. But its pretty simple.

Dear Sir,

Your payment due xx/xx/xxxx is now late. You have 5 days to make this payment plus late fees or vacate the premises.

Failure to do either will result in the insitution of eviction proceedings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Notice to vacate [ 1 Answers ]

I am living with some friends. We agreed that I could stay here for a year or so. It has been 2 months. We never did a lease or anything in writing. But I have been giving them their desired amount for rent money. Yesterday I got a note to vacate within a month. Is there anything I can do to at...

Received a 60 day notice to vacate - do I need to give a 30 day notice? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! The rental property is in cupertino, California. I received a 60 day notice to vacate as the new owner wants to remodel the property. As I have a house that I had bought and was also renting this unit I would like to vacate within 15 days and move all my stuff? Question - Am I...

Notice to Vacate [ 3 Answers ]

If I put in a 30 notice to vacate before the end of my contract and the landlord enters into a contract with a new tenant (that I provided) to start the day that my contract ends. Can the landlord still keep my security deposit stating that I broke my contract.

30 day notice to Vacate [ 13 Answers ]

My landlord has given me a 30 day notice to vacate to another apartment so mine can be renovated. I have lived there since 1975 (32 years). I don't mind moving to another apartment, but on January 17th I am having heart surgery and would like to know if I can ask for more time to move. I have...

View more questions Search