Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Mar 29, 2006, 01:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ejj88
    So, if, after I put this cap on, and there is no leak, the water should only come out the showerhead? Correct?
    Then this also means that the spout is the problem???
    Correct. But keep in mind that if it does leak, then that does not necessarily prove the spout to be innocent - the problem could be both the spout AND something inside the wall.

Cheers,
    Moishe
    ejj88 Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 09:12 AM
    I did not have time to do that last night but will try tonight and let you know.
    Still waiting on new spout that Delta is sending me...
    dbotila777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 08:03 PM
    This fixed my problem! Thanks! My copper stub-out had a dent in it that I hadn't noticed until I inspected it more closely. I believe an over-tightened allen head set screw made the mark. I sanded it down most of the way, coated the copper stub-out with dish detergent, slipped on the spout, and presto! It was fixed. Thanks again!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 10, 2012, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbotila777 View Post
    This fixed my problem! Thanks! My copper stub-out had a dent in it that I hadn't noticed until I inspected it more closely. I believe an over-tightened allen head set screw made the mark. I sanded it down most of the way, coated the copper stub-out with dish detergent, slipped on the spout, and presto! It was fixed. Thanks again!
    Thanks for the update. If you ever need us in the future we're as close as a click. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Converting half bath to full bath [ 9 Answers ]

My question refers to a half bath we are in the planning stages of converting to a full bath in the basement. Currently our basement has a half bath with toilet and sink on one half of the basement. There is then a shower on the other side of the basement with the washer and dryer, about 30 feet...

2" Tub Spout [ 1 Answers ]

I took off an old tub spout to replace it - it was then that I discovered that it was a 2" inlet.... No one seems to selll these anymore... any suggestions on where to find one? I reall don't care what it looks like as long as it is functional- we are going to re-do the bathroom someday and will...

Cutting cement for plumbing 3/4 bath to full bath [ 3 Answers ]

We are currently in the middle of changing our basement 3/4 bath into a full bath. The bathroom is 5.5' by 13.5'. We want to put the sink where the shower was and put a tub/shower where the sink was. (because the space where the shower was is too small for a tub). The old sink drain is centered 4...

Need help replacing tub spout [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, my husband and I are not the handiest people in the world. We needed to replace a tub spout with diverter, as water was not coming out of the shower head. We bought a universal tub spout with diverter, the kind with a thread screw and retainer ring. We followed the directions to a T, and...

View more questions Search