Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    random2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 09:33 AM
    Red back to blonde.
    Hi All,

Any help would be appreciated, as I am going mad lol.

My natural hair colour is a dark blonde but I usually have blonde highlights put through it. I had it highlighted in January and about 6weeks ago I (and don't ask me why because I don't know lol) decided to colour it... red/plum.

I hated it straight away and bought head and shoulders shampoo (a friends recommendation) to try and fade the colour out. It started fading out but I hated the colour even more... at another friends recommendation I decided to put a brownish colour over it to tone the red down but this has just washed out and its now going a slightly orange colour where the highlights are underneath.

I know Im silly for putting the red in, in the first place but I miss my blonde hair so much its actually starting to get me down :( (silly I know but the colour looks awful)

So, where do I go from here? Ive had people telling me to get the colour stripped out, people telling me to get it bleached... all sorts but I don't want to ruin my hair & I desperately want it back to normal.

Thanks all xx:)

Random2008
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 24, 2008, 03:12 PM
    You'll need it to be stripped out. The brown colour has faded because your hair is quite porous. And stripping out porous hair can be a little tricky as it can end up as uneven colour.
    Please get it done from a professional. :)
    random2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 06:28 AM
    Thank you for replying. I don't know a lot about hair, but would they be able to put highlights through it now? If they did would they go orange? The original blonde is starting to show through but at a slow rate lol. If I knew they could just put a few highlights through it, Id keep the red underneath.

Thanks for the answers

Random2008 x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fade blonde highlights back to natural dirty blonde or grow hair faster! [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: PLEASE HELP! :confused: I want to fade my blonde highlights faster, I've been growing out my hair for a month or so and i'm sick of the bright blonde! I want the dirty blonde back! I don't know if there is any advice to speed up growing it out or to fade the blonde! thanks so much!! :)

Hair Colour Blonde to Red, need to fix back to blonde [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, I am living in China, had my hair dyed red. (I am a natural red head but have been blonde for 10 years). The dye started to wash out, so I went back to the hairdresser and showed them and had it redone. All is fine except the colour is more of a pinky red rather than an auburn/copper...

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

Natural Blonde dyed black - want back to blonde [ 2 Answers ]

hey guys, my natural hair colour is a really light blonde and i started dying my hair when i was around 14, im now 18. I originally just started putting brown through my hair and red and purple but one day i decided to go black, ive had black hair for years and even though im used to it and i...

Back to blonde [ 1 Answers ]

So recently I took some extensions out, which broke off my hair. I am naturally blonde and the sylist died it a reddish brown and put highlights in. I was told if I didn't like it I should wait a month to fix it. It has been over a month and I still don't like it. Someone suggested I use Loreal...

View more questions Search