Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    volkswagenfmhs Posts: 28, Reputation: 0
    -

May 20, 2008, 08:31 PM
    New muslim
    Recently I have felt a calling towards Islam. I have always grown up in a religious family, primarily Christian. I don't really know what or how I can further my faith in Islam, besides reading the Qur'an. Any help or suggestions?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2008, 01:14 AM
    I am curious as to what draws you to Islam. Why were you dissatisfied with your Christian beliefs? Did you ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and be your Lord and Savior? If not, perhaps that is why you became dissatisfied. Without Jesus living in and through you, a person would feel empty in any church or religion. Also, we sometimes are hurt by those who we believe are near perfect, ministers, church leaders of all religions. One thing to remember is that we are all human, we all fall short of the Glory of God. I would encourage you to, in your journey toward Islam, compare what you read with the Christian Bible. Pray and ask God's guidance. He will show you what you need to do.

We all have to make this journey of faith by ourselves. We can have encouragers, teachers, mentors, but in the end, it becomes our choice of what we know in our heart is God's truth. Just stay in an attitude of prayer as you seek answers. We are responsible for our choices. Choose well.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2008, 03:59 AM
    Salaam Volks,

Masha Allah!
    It is wonderful to hear you wish to learn more about Islam.

Here is a start for you... some reading material.
    The Important Lessons for the Muslim Ummah (www.islaam.org.uk)

Some listening material
    IslamicAwakening.Com

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask them and I will try to help you in anyway I can Insha Allah.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 05:38 AM
    In any religious quest one of the best is to reach out to the local religious leaders of that faith. Have you visited with a local mosque, have you asked one of the religious leaders of that faith about classes they may have for people interested in that faith, for a list of reading material.

And of course by posting questions on sites like this.
    ladieedee21 Posts: 96, Reputation: 6

May 21, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Yess!
    Mashallah!
    I could say, you have beeen guided..
    Go to the mosque.
    There aree many sheiks..
    Ask people over there.. to translate to them.. iff they don't know english! Ask them questions.
    Trust me... You aree doing the right thing. If you wantt there are many sites on the computer that talks about Islam.
    Remember to be a muslim, there a five pillars...
    Don't forget, that there is no one God accept Allah [S.W.T] and Mohammad [S] his his meessnger, do your prayers, fastiing in the month of ramadan, giving charity too the muslims poor people, and hajj which is piligrimage(if has money and the ability to go).

There are many wways worshipping Allah [S.W.T]. When you the good its pleasing Allah [S.W.T] and this is a great way to worshipp to Allah [S.W.T] because remember your doing alll this in this world for the Sake of Allah [S.W.T]. Make duaas [supplications]. Forgiveness... And make sure, whenever your doing your actions, remember Allah [S.W.T] is looking and watching every time, whenever, wherever.

There is fun in this religion.. If you wanttt... email me.. and ill tell you everything about it!
    I have this great teacher who could help and I will get my answers and ill tell you.
    Please email me and I will tell you about it. Don't loose this religion.. It is the best and stronggest religion..
    -

May 22, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Thanks a lot to everyone. I wanted to post this, not to seek approval, but because I have no friends or family who share this faith or would even take it seriously. So what further reading should I look for besides the Qur'an? Thanks again for help
    ladieedee21 Posts: 96, Reputation: 6

May 22, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Yupp... follow the quraan.. and the sunnah of prophet muhammad [S]...
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2008, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by volkswagenfmhs
    Thanks alot to everyone. I wanted to post this, not to seek approval, but because I have no friends or family who share this faith or would even take it seriously. So what further reading should I look for besides the Qur'an? Thanks again for help
    I was just wondering which translation (the person who translated the Quran)are you reading of the Quran?

I won't recommend reading Sahih Bukhari or Sahih Muslim by itself as each Hadith needs to be explained in its context according to the time,reference to what was happening at that time and in what regard was it said by the Prophet (pbuh).

Here are some good books-

Islamic Creed series,if you could get hold of the whole series it will shed light on many important issues all muslims must know.And in these books, the Quran ayat (verses) are explained under different topics and this way it is sometimes easier to understand.
    http://www.islamworlduk.com/scripts/...?idCategory=99

Prayer According to the Sunnah - Dar-us-Salam.com
    -

May 23, 2008, 06:53 PM
    I was using a copy translated by Syed Vickar Ahamed from Holmed, New Jersey
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 03:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by volkswagenfmhs
    I was using a copy translated by Syed Vickar Ahamed from Holmed, New Jersey
    Salaams Volks,

This would be a better transliteration for your reference.
    The Noble Quran - English translation

And if you would like to listen to the recitation of the Quran in Arabic, I like to listen to AlAfasy -
    Shaykh Mishari Rashid al-Ifasi (Islaam.Com)
    http://alafasy.tripod.com/

You might also like to listen to these,it will help you gain more knowledge regarding Islam.
    Audio Lectures by Dr. Abdullah Hakim Quick (Islaam.Com)
    Audio Lectures by Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips (Islaam.Com)

May Allah (swt) guide you and keep you in the path of the righteous.
    tammy37 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2008, 07:35 PM

You should get involved in your local mosque... and there is a variety of islamic books that will strengthen your religion
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Dec 22, 2008, 06:31 PM

For support and help you might want to join the group muslim convert Muslim Converts.com how to become muslim , convert to islam.

It's a very supportive group and new muslims as well as long-time Muslims can benefit from this group.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changes in Muslim belief [ 13 Answers ]

The soul of Islam sprang from solitary Christian hermits, scattered here and there throughout the desert, consecrating their lives to God, and fleeing from the wrath to come. Even in pre-Islamic Arabic poetry we see how strong was the impression made on the Arab mind by the gaunt, weird men with...

Muslim girl... [ 8 Answers ]

Dear Expert, I am 22 years old girl.I have a lot of problems in my life,that simply made me a very depressed person who doesn't believe in anything even in myself.The reason beyond this depression is my parents.I won't say they are the worse,but all I can say that I was never happy in my life,and...

In Love With A Married Muslim Man [ 7 Answers ]

I am a Non-Muslim Woman who is in LOVE with a Muslim man who is currently married to a Non-Muslim woman in America. He and I have both expressed OUR Love for each other, but he says that he is afraid of God so our relationship has to remain NON-INTIMATE. What can we do to make this relationship...

Bercca: Muslim clothing [ 10 Answers ]

Firmbeliever, why do some muslim women wear a berrca? I'm just asking my muslim internet friend, I Mean no illwill. God willing we may meet someday...

Recent Muslim holiday? [ 3 Answers ]

Is there currently a celebration or holiday of some sort that started on Monday (or over the weekend)? A couple girls at my school all of the sudden started to wear the head coverings, and I was just wondering.

View more questions Search