Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mommy2be2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 07:37 AM
    How can I take away all my husbands parental rights
    Hi,

Im not really sure where to begin or what to say but im married right now and im pregnant by him and all he has done is cheat on me and lie to me and a few times got pyshical with me.I am pregnant with our first kid but I want to get a divorce im scared to cause I dont know how he will react but when I get the divorce I dont want him to have any parental rights after the hell hes put me through.A couple weeks ago he said that he hopes the baby does before its born or when it is born he hope our baby dont make it.I cry every day cause im hurting so bad inside.I just dont know what to do can anyone help me?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2008, 07:40 AM
    Do you have documentation of physical abuse? Of the threats? A court is unlikely to terminate parental rights unless there is someone waiting to adopt or because he's a danger to the child. If you can prove the abuse you might get it on the second point.

I would strongly recommend you get a divorce lawyer and/or consult a support group for abused women to get help planning your next move.
    chela717 Posts: 14, Reputation: 0

May 16, 2008, 07:44 AM
    I definetely thing you should get a divorce ASAP as for the baby DO NOT PUT HIM ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE nor give the baby his last name its much easier for him to have rights if he is on the BC if he isn't. From what it sounds like he won't be bending over backwards trying to get himself on there anyway. Lift yourself esteem your too good for him any man who hits or physically or emotionally abuses his wife is NO MAN AT ALL.

May 16, 2008, 07:50 AM
    No I don't have documentation cause I was scared to report it to the police.I don't want him having any rights at all.He tells me daily that I'm a and I'm stupid and he hates me and he don't love me and then 10 minutes later he turns around and apologizes.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 16, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chela717
    I definetely thing you should get a divorce ASAP as for the baby DO NOT PUT HIM ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE nor give the baby his last name its much easier for him to have rights if he is on the BC if he isnt. From what it sounds like he wont be bending over backwards trying to get himself on there anyways. Lift up your self esteem your too good for him any man who hits or physically or emotionally abuses his wife is NO MAN AT ALL.

In many States the husband is presumed to be the father unless/until there is another finding of paternity so this may not be an option.

The Court - again, in many States - will not entertain a divorce while you are pregnant. You must wait until the baby is born.

As far as the abuse - document it, go to the Police, get a protective order. Find a support group. Get away from him.

May 16, 2008, 08:03 AM
    All your advice has been good I need all the advice I can get.Im 19 and married and confused as hell right now
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 16, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Without documentation you will have a hard time denying him his parental rights. You absolutely NEED to consult an attorney or get help from an abused spouse support group.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 16, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2be2008
    All your advice has been good i need all the advice i can get.Im 19 and married and confused as hell right now

Sure, and I'm sure your hormones are running high so it's difficult to make a life changing decision.

If you don't think you want a divorce right now you should get some legal advice AND find someone to talk to - a friend, a relative. Someone who won't judge, who will listen to you.

If the situation is dangerous, if he is abusive, then you have to protect yourself and be safe and also protect your baby and an Attorney can tell you the best way to do that.

Come back and let us know how it's working out, okay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feed up with my husbands friend I want her to get out of my husbands life. [ 9 Answers ]

My husband has go a friend, they have been friends for quit a long time. I am sick of her, you want to konow why? She used to email him email with some strong words, e.g. Hi sweetheart am missing you so much but I can't call you, please at least text me heavly love Lety. How are dear? You are so...

Parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

My grandson got in trouble and they put him in a group home his mother went to court with him and they got her to sign her parental rights away she thought this was right because they were keeping him in the group home for a while and she thought they needed to have these rights so they could take...

Parental Rights [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know are you still obligated to pay child support in the state of Georgia if you would like to sign over all parental rights to the child.

Parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is going to be three years old soon and her biological father has not been a constant in her life providing her with nothing emotionally or financially.My current partner is the only father she knows and has supported her.How can we get the biological father to sign over his rights?

View more questions Search