Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    corpoprez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Molding angle cuts
    I am installing a chair rail that begins parallel to the floor then angles up a staircase. How can I determine the proper angle?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Lay a staright fllat board or mason's level on the stairs so it spans from the front edge of each stair step. The board/ level and be pushed up againist the side of the staircase and the angle measured compared to the wall. It will likely be between 38 degress and 42 degress. This may be of help or interest to you. Stair PanelSet Application Range
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Apr 28, 2008, 05:21 PM
    As he mentioned above the angles 38 to 42. Id start with a 39 degree at first, now this doesn't mean turn your saw to that degree, you'll need to have that first, which is 19.5 cut that and just see what that looks like then adjust to make it fix better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crown molding [ 16 Answers ]

I need help installing crown molding. Is it necessary to use adhesive as well as nails?

Molding and Trim? [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased white quarter round molding (the plastic mold proof composite) from Home Depot, and need to install it in my kitchen around the base board trim. What's the best application for this install? I was not sure if I should liquid nail it to the painted wood baseboard, or nail it and then...

Crown molding [ 3 Answers ]

Question 1 What type of nails do I use for the real wood crown molding? Question 2 How do I measure the angle, in degrees, of my ceiling? It is something other than 90 or 45? I was hoping to use something simpler than Trig functions.

Crown molding [ 6 Answers ]

I need help to cope a inside 45 on crown molding

Base molding [ 2 Answers ]

How do you install base molding to metal studs

View more questions Search