Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Apr 19, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Mom possum dead found babies alive?
    My dog killed a Posum that thing was in our back yard the day before and I got the dog back inside so he would leave it alone. That night I went outside and kept hearing like four or five hissing noises I thought it may have been babiy possums but when I got a flashlight I could not see anything. Well the next morning I looked for the big possum and it was gone I figured she woke up and went through some slats on the fence.
    This morning I saw a baby on my porch and found two more in my yard. There might be more but I had to get onto work, so I will look later tonight. I 3 gathered of them up. They are stiff but the tail is not as stiff so that's what makes me think they are "FAKING IT".
    Well I put them all together in a pretty shaded area and put some cat food next to them. But they are about 3 inches long minus the tail, so they are pretty small. I just wonder if I should give them milk or something else or if they even have teeth? They are stiff in a laying position to you think they'll come back? Please Help.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 19, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Call the vets in your area and see if they have a number for a wildlife rescue group. No kill shelters and private animal rescues may have some numbers for you. Hand rearing these little guys would require a lot of work. Also re-releasing them back into the wild may not be an option.

Apr 19, 2008, 10:57 AM
    No I will definitely take them to a local wild life refuge we have one not to far from me. But how do I even know if they are alive they are sooo darn cute. But yes I have taken plenty of animals out there. Thanks for the advise any one know how I can find out for sure.

Apr 24, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Well the babies were all dead so never mind the help thanks everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want to know how long my cat had been dead before I found her [ 8 Answers ]

... I found her this morning. Last night when I went to bed she was alive. This morning at 9am I found her in a carport half a block down dead with blood coming out her nose and one eye. Her eyes where open and her legs were stiff. By the time I was ready to bury her (about and hour later) she was...

I'm Alive(?) [ 16 Answers ]

I was at a ski resort, and heard a song that was really good, in my opinion, that had the hook "I'm Alive" in it. The song had a sort of creppy-funk vibe. Sorry I can't give more info, but it's been awhile since I heard it, and it's driving me crazy. Thx in advance for any help.

Found a dead critter [ 2 Answers ]

What do you do about the smell if you have found a dead critter? Any industrial strength disinfectant of some sort? Any other sanitary issues to be concerned about?

Need definitions for dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with the definitions of dead against /dead mens shoes/ dead marines for socioloy class . Please help

Zionism, dead or alive. [ 5 Answers ]

What is Zionism and how many Zionist are there?

View more questions Search