Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mberger Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Putting a lien on ex husbands condo failure to pay vechiles due to court order
    Is there any way I can put a lien on my ex husbands condo for failure of paying on vechiles that were in our divorce papers stating that he has to make all payments, upkeep, maintenance and so of so forth? Because he stopped payment on already and that is going though the company that it was fincanced though now, but I am currently starting a battle on him not paying for a truck that is in both of our names, and he has been making the payments on them since 2005 oct when he left our home, he has been paying on them though his business checking account, no the truck isn't under his business, but he has been making all payments..

What are my options? I really could use some help here.. because I really can't afford being a single mother of 2 minor children on taking another hit for another reposssion on my credit because of him.. what can I do to protect myself and hold him liable for the payments and for the court order that was signed by a judge in the state of Florida?
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
    I would suggest going back to court. You will need to bring in the letters or whatever proof you have from the loan companies that he hasn't been making payments as he was ordered to. The judge can hold him in contempt if he/she finds that he is delinquent enough or may use another method to get money. But by going back to court it will be on record. You can try to get a lien but some states are very particular on who can get one and the proceedings differe from state to state as well.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stinawords
    I would suggest going back to court. You will need to bring in the letters or whatever proof you have from the loan companies that he hasn't been making payments as he was ordered to. The judge can hold him in contempt if he/she finds that he is delinquent enough or may use another method to get money. But by going back to court it will be on record. You can try to get a lien but some states are very particular on who can get one and the proceedings differe from state to state as well.
    Good advice here.

You could sue him yourself, and eventually you may have to, but you need to address the issues contained in the divorce with the judge who ordered them. Before you could put any lien, or garnish any wages, or levy any bank accounts you will have to sue and win a judgment first.

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I put a lien on ex husbands condo for failure of payment on vechiles [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could put a lien on my ex husbands condo due to failure of making payments on vechiles that were in our divorce degree signed by a judge in the state of Florida? Because he already stop making payments on one, and now I am being sued by the company, but they also have decided...

Putting a lien on family [ 1 Answers ]

My mother took a $35,000.00 loan out for my brother in law to start a business, with the verbal intent on repaying the loan. He lost the business and stuck my Mother with this loan. My sister is filing for divorce from him. She wants to repay the loan but recently filed bankruptcy. She wants to...

What do you do when the court ordered supevisor does not follow court order? [ 8 Answers ]

My children have been having supervised visits every other weekend on sat for one hour. This started in late August. The judge granted supervised visit's for the father every fri night and sat afternoon for one hour each. The father said he only wanted every other weekend to the supervisor, so...

Putting a Lien on a property [ 3 Answers ]

As a property manager, what is the process of putting a lien on a condominium that has an owner not paying his maintenance fees?

NJ putting a lien on a property ? Maybe ? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, a few years ago my mother passed away and she had no will and I am an only child. My mother and grandmother owned a condo jointly. I went to NJ probabte court and got papers saying I was ex. Of my mother's estate. Also with my mothers insurance money I had paid off a loan that was on the condo....

View more questions Search