Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAC83050 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Looking for an old horror movie title
    Hell
    I need an expert. Looking for a movie title from my childhood. 60s or 50s ?Horror/monster movie. It takes place on an island. The island has villagers, a town and a very private research center that is off limits. The research lab is doing cancer research, I think, and their experiments go wrong and that creates creatures that are turtle like with long necks. They latch onto you and suck the life out of you.
    At the end, the villagers inject their cattle with strontium 90 and the creatures die after sucking on the cattle.
    Then someone says it is a good thing that this happened on an island or the outbreak could not have been contained.
    Movie cuts to a Japanese research center, I think, just as the same horrible cancer reseach result is occurring.
    Thanks...
    ultimate_user_name Posts: 103, Reputation: 6

Jul 31, 2007, 10:00 PM
    You could be talking about "I eat your skin" where a scientist working on a cure for cancer inadvertently creates ZOMBIES not turtles (1961)

If that's not it I don't know what to tell you.
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Aug 1, 2007, 09:50 AM
    Or "island of terror?" >>> I think there are cattle in that 1.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 09:53 AM
    I'll have to check Island of Terror out.

From IMDB Island of Terror (1966)

Island of Terror is a great little flick produced by Richard Gordon who also gave us the cult favourite "Fiend Without a Face". Directed with the expertise Hammer director Terence Fisher offers, Gordon has produced a similarly obscure "herd" of creatures to terrorize a high-class cast. The 'Silicates' looks rather silly, like huge turtles with a trunk instead of a head with which they grab their victims, and moves around with the speed of a snail. Like zombies, they are not really a threat when spotted coming, but make up for it with their ability to be anywhere you least expect them. (like up in trees, waiting for passers-by, or underneath cars waiting for someone to enter it). This does get a bit, if not more than a bit, corny, but the ever deadly presence of these creatures, and the nasty way of killing (dissolving the bones, and sucking them out of the body) keeps the fun-bad aspect at bay. There are some great attack sequences at different cast members, and some disgusting slurping when they are "devoured".
    dias06 Posts: 110, Reputation: 26

Aug 1, 2007, 09:55 AM
    And turtle things with long trunk necks. I remember the movie you are describing. But I might be confusing the title with another film.
    MAC83050 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 03:38 PM
    SOLVED... SOLVED

And the winner is... ISLAND OF TERROR

THANKS TO YOU ALL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Horror Movie Title, Please? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm almost 23. When I was little(probably between 3 and 5, maybe a little older) my dad rented a movie from our video store. The only thing that I remember is the killer dismembering a body in a bath tub and sticking the body parts in black trash bags. I'm not 100% sure, but it was either the...

Horror movie title [ 4 Answers ]

Can't remember the title of a 1980's (?) horror movie where the man lives in a cabin with puppets who come to life. Any ideas?

Horror movie title [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Has anybody seen a horror movie about some guy who found a weird box( and it's not hellraiser) and he ends up in some weird house, I'm not sure anymore how, having dinner with some people but the food is all filled with worms and things like that and I think that someone kills one girl and...

An Old Horror movie- forgot the title. [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit. :D I saw a movie a long time ago, but have since forgotten what it was called. It was about these disgusting little creatures who lived under ground. The main character and his girlfriend, they (I think) traveled to the town where the creature...

Old Horror Movie Title [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the name of an old movie probably from the 30s or 40s. It's about a man who falls off a boat, lands on an island inhabited by zombie like creatures. Thanks

View more questions Search