Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dani0181 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Negative blood test and urine test!
    Hey umm I am 3 and a half months late for my period. And I have taken several home pregnancy test and 1 blood test... all negative.during the 1st month I lost weight and now I have gained weight... just like when I was pregnant with my son. Who is almost 10 months. I've never ever been late before except when I was pregnant not even from stress and I've had way more stress in my life before and was never late. So I was just wondering if I could still be pregnant? Please someone give me some advice I'm younge and have no one to talk with about this and my doc acts like everything is OK all the time even if it isn't. Thank you so much
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2007, 06:24 PM
    If you think that your doctor is not giving you the best advice, you need to find another doctor. You shouldn't be paying someone for advice that you don't think is right. You're health is the most important thing, and you deserve to have medical advice you can trust. I have to agree that three and a half months is quite a long time to go without a period, without your doctor looking into it farther. You might be pregnant and your hcg levels just aren't high enough to register on the positive/negative tests. There is one other blood test you can take called a quantative blood test, this will measure the exact amount of hcg and if there is enough hcg in your system to cause reason to believe you might be pregnant, the test will be repeated to see if the levels are doubling as they should in a normal pregnancy. It could be that you aren't pregnant, but there are other underlying reasons for the prolonged absence of your period. I suggest you at least get a second opinion.
    dani0181 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Thanks I'm just so scared I'm only 20 and I have a 9 month old and my husband is in jail and I'm starting nursing school so I just don't want anything to pop up on me you know and my doctor seems cucu so I will try like you said and see another doctor
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 08:45 PM
    No prob hun. Hope the second doctor takes things seriously and you get better/more answers. Good luck! Let me know what you find out
    JackieC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dani0181
    hey umm i am 3 and a half months late for my period. and i have taken several home preg test and 1 blood test........all negative.during the 1st month i lost weight and now i have gained weight....... just like when i was preg with my son. who is almost 10 months. ive never ever been late before except when i was preg not even from stress and ive had way more stress in my life before and was never late. so i was just wondering if i could still be preg? please someone give me some advice im younge and have no one to talk with about this and my doc acts like everything is ok all the time even if it isnt. thank yall so much
    I've heard of women missing their period, having a negative bld test and urn test and later found out they were in fact pregnant... I am surprised that your doc hasn't ordered a vaginal ultrasound for u.

I'm kind of in the same boat.. im a 25 year old mother of 1 and I am trying for baby number 2... I am only 3 days late (and Im never late) and my urine and bld tests have both come back negative... its very frustrating!. I guess all we have to do is wait... and it sucks that there seems to be no straight answer!
    I wish you luck
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:27 PM
    3 1/2 months is a long time to go without a period... if you are not pregnany most doctors would prescribe you something like Prometrium (which I take for irregular periods), this medication "jumpstarts" your body into having a period.

You hormone should have gotten back to normal by now, after the birth of your 1st child but it is possible that they aren't and that is causing the irregularites.

I would definitely either get a second opinion... or tell your doctor they need to look further into why you aren't having a period.
    mosley77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2009, 01:47 PM
    It is a possible you could have polyscysticovarian syndrome my peiods were normal when I had my daughter after she was born it is a whole new story I go about 2and 3months at a time not having a period and at first I kept thinking I was pregnant but I found out I had this syndrome I have been trying to have another baby for 6 years now and nothing my doctor says it causes infertility and irregular periods I would get checked for it if I were you. Good Luck Miranda
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Nov 27, 2009, 08:05 PM

Dani I don't think you're pregnant something would have showed up either the blood test or urine test especially being that it has been 3 1/2 months now.
    buttascotch77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2010, 04:23 PM
    Well I just found out I was pregnant! I had taken @ least 15 urine home test... all negative. So my dr tested me by urine and blood---negative. So I went and got a digital test, 2 in the box and it said PREGNANT! I was like yea rite so I took the other test and lord behold it said PREGNANT! So I went to the dr and she did a urine test ---wow it said positive. So she then ordered a blood test and it said positive. It also told my levels and about how far along I could be which they said about 6-7 weeks. I'm still shocked but yet happy. I don't know why it took so long to get a positive result. When my moma was pregnant wit her TWINS she had a period or some sort till she was like 4 or 5 months. Strange huh? Lol---well good luck ladies and god bless!
    Iheartbunnies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 06:31 PM
    I'm currently 2 weeks late. I'm ALWAYS on time. I had a miscarriage back in Sept. This year my husband and I started trying again. I'm having the same symptoms I had when I found out I was pregnant before. My breats are sore and swollen, I feel ill after eating, and I have had some headaches. I have taken about 20 pregnancy tests and a blood test which all said negative. I'm feeling really confused and unsure of what is going on. When I went to my Dr. he offered no ideas on why I haven't started. I go back in a week to discuss there results of the other blood tests he ordered. I'm afraid he is going to find something serious!
    jerseygirl16 Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Jul 1, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Okay I'm 16, the guy only rubbed his penis on my vag and this was almost 4 months ago, I took 8 urine test, also a blood test all came out negative my period always starts heavy and then fades but the past 4 months boom it's the other way around. Im scared I'm pregnant. I've gotten a line from my belly button to vagina. Is it possible I'm pregnant or am I paranoid?
    BellsWells Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
    I LOVE THIS POST, it makes me feel sooo much better. I know it's a late comment but I'm going through this now, ( I have ANY and EVERY indication that I'm expecting, I even have the bump) but confirming it is harder than ever. I have taken at least 5hpt, all negatives and had an ER run, they took my urine and blood and told me the prg test was negative. I ask them to check my stomach cause it was bloated and huge, they gave me an x-ray NOT AN U/S like they should've, but told me I was constipated. When I asked the DR. (who was so insensitive, and in a rush) what type of test they gave me he just said a urine test. Why they didn't use my blood? I don't know. And trying to get a ultrasound in south Florida is awful. They won't do it unless they get a positive test first, but they re not understanding that it always comes out negative. Smh, I'm just tired and sick literally. And I want some answers before I end up on that show I didn't know I was pregnant lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative blood test negative urine but still feel pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Hi me again I've had my bloods taken not sure what of hcg tests I think which came backnormal,but still feel butterflys in my belly nauseas,and weight gain on my lower half could I still be pregnant or am I worrying myself in TO a early grave. Jeans are quite snug and my boobs have stopped...

Missed Period one negative urine test! [ 9 Answers ]

Well, my last period was on February 12, 06, it is now April 10 and nothing. I went on vacation to see my boyfriend from March 12 to the 17, on March 15 I had discharge with a string of blood, and that was it. I have sore breast , cramping but no period. I took a urine test at home two weeks after...

Negative pregnant test and blood test. Could I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

I had an ectopic pregnancy in October 2006, and have been trying to conceive since January 07, I am 1week late for my period and have had many signs of pregnancy, including spotting a week before my period was due, since then I have had 5 negative home pregnancy tests, and a hcg level of below 1.5...

Negative Blood Test... [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. All comments or advise welcome and appreciated! I took a blood test when I was 6 days late. The result was a -. My hCG level was 2. Just wondering if anyone has gotten a negative blood test only to find out they were pregnant or do you know of anyone this has happened to? Blood tests are...

View more questions Search