Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t_mcart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 07:42 AM
    An old Black & White movie, help!
    I watched an old B & W movie about man who played a "downtrodden" individual to find out what it was like to live such a life. It was a social experiment on his part but he was really a movie director.

A lady (his co-star) bought into his plight in life, initially. She bought him some coffee and the dialogue between them commenced. He pretended to know a movie director who might be able to help her in her quest.

It was great dialogue as they traversed the country via train. They found their way into Las Vegas and then at one point he was handing out money to poor people and he was attacked. He ended up in jail and it was reported that the well known director had died. While in jail he realized that he should make movies about making people laugh. To get out of jail, he made a claim that he killed the movie director. During the trial he proved that he was the director, that everyone thought was killed.

I suspect the movie was made in the 30's or 40's!

Anyone know the name of this movie and the 2 stars?
    omzig Posts: 119, Reputation: 19

Nov 18, 2006, 10:21 AM
    That would be "Sullivan's Travels." I don't remember the actor's name that played Sullivan, but the girl was played by Veronica Lake.
    Zipper Posts: 116, Reputation: 8

Nov 20, 2006, 04:42 PM
    That was Joel McCrae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue wire connected to white or black? [ 2 Answers ]

I was given a Hampton bay ceiling fan but no installation manual. Does the blue wire get connected to the white or black house wire?

Blue, Black and White wires in celing fan [ 2 Answers ]

I removed a ceiling fan to replace a switch but did not note the wires. Now I want to replace the fan but find it has Blue, Black and White wires, whereas the wires coming from the ceiling are only White and Black. It also has a green wire attached to the casing. Does the blue and black wire...

White vs Black pvc Sewer Piping [ 2 Answers ]

In 3" pvc sewer piping What is the difference between the white and the black? Can you mix the two in the same sewer run? My house is 30 or so years old, I have both white and black in the same run (white horizontal and black vertical) it was that way from the day I bought it some 8 years...

70s black comedy movie title [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I'm desperate to find the name of this movie which I remember seeing but not the title (or director or anything else useful). It's an American made black comedy and dates from the 70s or maybe early 80s, set in a big, high-rise city. It's about a quiet, innocent, inexperienced...

View more questions Search