Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkswma Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2010, 07:18 PM
    How can H4 visa holder work or change visa status to work?
    My wife would like to work as part time since we have 3 kids but I'm not sure how she can do that since we were told specifically during our visa interview that H4 holders can't work. Is there anyway that she can change her status? If yes what visa or permit can she apply for?
    Thanks
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Nov 11, 2010, 07:25 AM

True, there is no H-4 spousal EAD. She would need to file her own EB NIV. Get her resume and consult with an experienced immigration attorney to look at the most common options, H-1B, L-1A. L-1B and E-2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Tier 1 dependent visa holder work in uk? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know if a Tier 1 Dependent visa holder can work in UK the same way as Tier 1 visa holder. I want to apply for a Dependent Visa as my wife has a Tier 1 Visa for UK. Please let me know Thanks

Can I work as a spouse of an H1B visa holder? [ 1 Answers ]

Can I work in the U.S. as a spouse of an H1B Visa Holder??

Steps for getting work permit for L2 visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... I m on L2 visa and I want to get an EAD... but I am totally confused whrther I should file it online or in person... if any one has already obtained an EAD then please guide me about the steps. Thanks.

Work permit extension for J2 visa holder [ 1 Answers ]

I am a J2 visa holder who was given work permit for 4 years from 9/2005 to 9/2009. If my spouse's J1 visa will not expire until 2011, am I eligible to apply for work permit extension? Is it true that 4 year is the longest time for a J2's work permit? Thank you in advance for your help.

View more questions Search