Ask
    lchang1971 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Green Card Holder living in the US and working in Mexico
    n-a
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 11:43 AM
    You have to be a resident as part of your restrictions and requirements to be able to apply for legal full citizenship, I am sure, and living in Mexico would make you a resident of Mexico, not the United States.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lchang1971
    I am lawful permanent resident since june 07 married to an american citizen.
    I will be able to apply for citizenship next year on june 09.
    I am offered a job in Mexicali, Mexico at a mexican company.
    I want to know if I will have any problem when applying for my citizenship if I move and live in Calexico, California and cross the border every day to go to work to Mexicali, Mexico.

Thank you for your help !
    It depends on your tax return, if your income tax from this job does not establish any "ties" to US, the job may jeopardize your status.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining us passport for green card holder [ 17 Answers ]

I've search and haven't found anything. I'm a non us citizen but a green card holder, how do I obtain a us passport besides becoming a us citizen. Going to travel to japan soon and I won't have enough time 2 become a us citizen. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Foreign Inheritance to US Green Card Holder [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I am green card holder (married to US citizen) working here in the US. I am a Canadian citizen by birth. I file taxes here in the US and not Canada. My father (Cdn citizen) recently passed away in Canada and left me a sum of money in excess of $100,000.00. What are the tax consequences...

Green card holder married to a non-resident [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am doing my mother's taxes. She is a Green Card holder and lives here. My dad does NOT have a green card and lives down in Brazil. However, legally, they are still married. When I try to file in Turbo Tax and check my mother as married, the software askes for my dad's social security....

H1B status after married green card holder [ 1 Answers ]

My H1B visa will expire in 2010. I plan to marry with 2-year-green card holder. Will I get green card too? How long does it take? And if I quit my job after I married, am I still legel to stay in US? Can I go out of US and come back? Give me some advise pleassssssse

Green card holder travelling [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Australian living in USA. I am also a green card holder. I want to travel to Vietnam by the end of this year. Should I use my Australian Passport or I have to use my green card with re-entry permit ? Thank you for your answer.

View more questions Search